News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rick Wurth-- Power rack

Started by KidKourier, 2008-05-13 14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

KidKourier

FYI,   Just ordered a power rack/pinion and 1 1/8" front sway bar from Rick Wurth who's now in Escondido,Calif., talked with him for about an hour(Monday 12,08). He said he was going back to Colorado on Weds. for a week to get more of his equipment to bring back to SoCal and would start on my order as soon as he gets back. I said I could come down and pick it up as soon as it was ready,but he said he could bring it up on a Saturday morning and help me install it (takes about 2 hrs. he said),I thought that was pretty kool to offer,anyway the clock is ticking and I'll keep everyone informed on the progress in getting the order and my relationship with "Rick",wether good or bad! And the journey begins!   SKIP

cool57

KidKourier

cool57,    $1695.00 for power rack & kit, $150.00 for sway bar and a 12 pack if he helps! -$75.00 if I go down and pick it up(about 1hr. away). I'm having him make changes to fittings so I can run air bags later if I want.  SKIP

gregyoung

Be carefull with him as i got ripped off good and well with Rick.never sent all the parts amoung other things Not happy

bagboy

I don't belive Rick is a ripoff. If you want an baseline for ripoffs checkout sites on GEARHEADS CRUSIER PRODUCTS.

KidKourier

Well folks its been 6 weeks since I placed my order with Rick and the results =ZIP= It looks like he did another disappearing act,he said he was going up to Colorado for a week but doesn't look like he came back! Called his phone # on his web site,voice mail was full (looks like I'm not the only one looking for him),tried his mail box on web but haven't recieved an answer(surprise!).Soooo the beat goes on and on and on! Can't wait to hear from him (if I ever do) just to listen to the gargantuan tale of B.S. that befelled him this time! Until then-----KID

wolfpupsdad

kid, did he get your money???? if so why don't ya just go park youself at his front door and either get your stuff oryour money back.

KidKourier

Well no money changed hands,strictly COD, I would pay him when I picked it up at his shop or when he delivered it to me. After watching everyone elses post on Rick  I told him  I'd pay for it  when he was done and I could check the kit out and make sure everything was there. So no money spent but also no rack kit which I sorely need!  KID

wolfpupsdad

well ya played it safe, why not go down and see the guy anyway???

1940fords

I ordered my rack and pinion on 4/3/08. Rick said I would have it in 3 and 1/2 weeks. I'm still waiting. Unfortunately, he has my money. I guess I still believe a man is as good as his word. I won't be able to make the James Dean Run in September.

wolfpupsdad

just a tip for you guys out there, if you order something and ya don't get it , your credit card companies can do a charge back and ya don't lose anything up some time, there is a time limt on it tho . i think it might be 90 days.

1940fords

Rick said he wasn't set up for credit cards, so I sent him a cashiers check. Now he has my money, I have no parts, and you can't get in touch with him. But he still has a web site to entice more suckers.

wolfpupsdad

he was set up to use my credit card just fine when i ordered my set up. i'm surprised i got all my stuff. took three packages over almost a year , but i did finally get everything.
some one needs to have a heart to heart talk with this guy about costomer service and i'm not talking about a phone call

1940fords

He won't answer the phone anyway, or e-mails. I would call that intentionally ripping people off.

johns2000

Report the guy to everyone you can think of, this is an ongoing story with Rick. He told me the same thing on delivery 3 1/2 weeks but after I got done reading about guys getting their parts a year later or not at all I said C.O.D. only, guess what no deal!!