News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New member intro

Started by Lucky'57, 2014-05-10 02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Very nice Ron. Yep, I would think where you live, hooking up a heater would be a priority!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Welcome to the site Ron.  There is a lot of knowledge here and always someone who has been there and done that and willing to share his knowledge.  So don't be afraid to ask questions. 

GaryI72

Welcome. Yes, I've seen this car. I really liked the color and tried to get the paint codes when it was in FL with no luck. Hope it brings you several years of happiness.

electricalan

welcome aboard . Thats a mighty fine looking rig you picked up there.What kind of changes are you planning? Looks pretty great to me just how it is. Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Lucky'57

Not too many changes at the onset, I hope. I actually haven't put my hands on the car yet, it's in transit at the moment and I'm on a drilling platform off the coast of West Africa. I'm headed home at the end of the week, hopefully the car will get there before I do. I did have the car appraised by Vail's in Indianapolis before I bought it and they gave it a Class rating of 2.5 (1 being excellent - 6 being a parts car), I asked them what would be required to get it into a class 2 stage and they indicated:

- Dash - Vinyl cover panel needs to be replaced
- Re-Dye the armrest pads on doors
- Re-chrome the Vent Window frames
- Minor bodywork and repaint the Burgundy on the lower section
- Touch-ups on the White exterior

When I talked to the seller's son in law, he said there next plan was to change out the rubbers on the front end and rebuild the air con compressor, it's in the trunk.

That's pretty much all I know that needs doing at the moment, like I said once I get it and myself home we can have a closer look. Engine and tranny have been rebuilt but I'm not sure when or how many miles ago. I think I'll get this summer behind me without getting after it too hard, then start planning for the winter upgrades.

Have a good day.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RICH MUISE

Don't assume your vent window frames need to be replated...that may be the case, but one of the quirks with '57 components is that some vent frames are steel/chrome plate, but others are stainless which can be restored easily at home (my Custom's were). Anyway, something to look at when you get home.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lucky'57

Thanks Rich - I recall reading your discussion on that very subject, maybe I'll get lucky.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Lucky'57

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2014-05-10 13:15
nice car, i live just outside of edmonton,if you see a red/white 57 wagon it will be me

Thanks Gary. I'll keep an eye out for you. Shouldn't be too hard to spot, not many of those old wagons around here. Question for you, did the GOV make you put seat belts in yours? I brought it in for the Out-of-Province inspection this morning and the old mechanic looked in his book and said they were not required for that year.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

LAUDY57

Nice car Ron, in BC I believe the belts are for '64 and up.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Lucky'57

Thanks. I plan on putting vintage "aircraft style" chrome buckle belts in it but it will take a few days to get them up from the supplier in the states, I just want to get my plates and idle over to the car show this weekend.

Update: Got inspection OK w/out belts, picking up plate this AM. Let the cruise begin  :canada: