News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Don't want to buy on E Bay !!

Started by 57nut, 2007-01-21 22:20

Previous topic - Next topic

57nut

I am bidding on a jack for a 57 and it is heading out of my price range !!!!!!! I would love to buy from somebody who is on this board and is reasonable priced . I am looking for a jack and lug wrench for my Custom 300 . Please anybody !!!! The jack has a square base and shaped like a pryamid .

briney

What do you consider a fair price?

Patrick / Dallas TX
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

57nut

I guess around 75 dollars ...is that a fair price ?

Glen Henderson

Is there a difference between the Custom jack and the one for a Fairlane? If not, I may have one in a Fairlane parts car that I have, will have to look, but I seem to remember one in it.

57nut

I don't know that there is any difference . Anybody know ???

JimNolan

57nut,
    There's all kinds of different jacks out there. Mine came from Ebay and it's only in the car for looks. The real jack I have is in the tool box I keep in the trunk. It's a sissors jack. Have you looked at how high you'd have to raise the bumper to get the back tire off the ground.  And then, if a puff of wind came along you'd see the car slide off the jack.
    Spend your money on a good sissors jack. Then look for a show jack when you've got plenty of time. I think I spent @ 50 bucks on the new sissors jack and about 150 on the show jack from EBay.
JimNolan
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57nut

Well it went for over a hundred dollars so I am still looking !!!!!I agree with you Jim I use a cheap hydraulic jack for lifting the car . Just wanted it like you for show and to have another item to complete my car . So anybody have one ????

Glen Henderson

I replied to your email, will let you know this weekend if possible.

57nut

Thanks for the reply !!!!I will wait to hear from you !!!Thanks !!!!