What's the best looking wheel and tire package you've seen on a lowered 57?

Started by actualsize, 2009-03-14 20:31

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

I like these on my mine, gives it that early 60's custom look.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

RICH MUISE

Somebody a few weeks ago posted a pic of a red Fairlane with red wheels,beauty rings and baby moons. I'll be darned if I can locate the thread with that pic...seems like it was from someone out of the U.S. somewhere. Anyways..looked really sharp and got me to rethinking what I want on mine. Remember when being different meant getting rid of the old steel wheels/hubcaps?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Feeling a bit dumb right now as have no idea what a T-bird turbine cap looks like,

Zap-
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

robhaerr

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-05 08:27
Somebody a few weeks ago posted a pic of a red Fairlane with red wheels,beauty rings and baby moons. I'll be darned if I can locate the thread with that pic...seems like it was from someone out of the U.S. somewhere. Anyways..looked really sharp and got me to rethinking what I want on mine. Remember when being different meant getting rid of the old steel wheels/hubcaps?

Rich...

Yes! If I didn't have the Torque Thrust wheels that is what I would do. Maybe someday. I have 60 series tires on the front and 65 series on the rear and liking this...lowered in the front with 1990 Aerostar van springs and stock ride height in rear...(and I have since polished the wheels, so looking mucho better)

Rob

junior58

Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

robhaerr

Thank you, sir!

Dang...I didn't see this was a old thread I had already stuck me nose into.

Yours as well!

RICH MUISE

Found it! I'm really thinking of going this way on mine..just not with the wide whites. The whites look great on this, wouldn't fit the restomod theme on mine. I'd go with matching tarnished silver wheels and red lined tires if I could find them..if not, blackwalls
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-09 12:55
Found it! I'm really thinking of going this way on mine..just not with the wide whites. The whites look great on this, wouldn't fit the restomod theme on mine. I'd go with matching tarnished silver wheels and red lined tires if I could find them..if not, blackwalls
Rich, I saw redline tires available somewhere just recently when looking for tires for the mustang, it may have been Coker.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Yes.. red lines are available from Coker or Universal Tires...... Great looking tires
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

DowntimeDesigns

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-09 12:55

WOW! THAT is the exact look I want... maybe 20" wheels instead of 17's but thats gorgeous!

rmk57

You would have to buy new wheels to, looks like those wheels on the red Fairlane are smoothies, which have the nubs on the inside. Wheel vintiques should be able to supply that style of wheel.

Does look pretty good on that car.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

VwDrvFnd

I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?