News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Power booster question

Started by johns2000, 2009-09-20 10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Anyone out there that has updated to a power booster system for your brakes ever have brake fluid leak from under the reservoir cap? I'm getting very small amounts of brake fluid down the sides of the reservoir and it appears to be coming from under the cap, nothing from the fittings? After driving the car up and down the drive to check out how various mods I notice small amount, maybe 1/4 of a tsp on the shop floor every time and if I check around the fittings nada but I can see were it appears to have streaked down the reservoir from under the cap?

Thanks

wolfpupsdad

i'd say ya either have a warped or bent cap or bad rubber under the cap. how high you keep the fluid level?

tarheel57

I had this problem before and all it was,was a very small piece of trash had got enbeded into the rubber under the cap.it was just enough to keep it from completely sealing.I removed the rubber and cleaned both sides real good and reinstalled it and didnt have anymore problems.hope this helps. :unitedstates:

johns2000

Looks like the bent wire that holds the cap on is bent in such a way that the wire isn't putting much pressure on the large reservoir side. I'll try and bend it a little more on that side and see what happens? What level of fluid do you guy's keep in it, I'm about a 1/2" from the top of both sides?

wolfpupsdad

1/2 inch should be enough room.  try adjusting the bail on the cap to put more pressure on it.