News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dash Parts and bell crank needed

Started by 57 Ford Kustom, 2007-02-17 20:15

Previous topic - Next topic

57 Ford Kustom

Hi  :006:

I need a bell crank for a standard transmission car , am going to remove the automatic and go with a od unit. Also would like a right hand dash insert and choke cable assb.  from a 6 cyl. car. Color is not a problem.  Thank You

T:walk:M   :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

Tom,
I had a hard time finding a bellcrank for a Fordo yrs ago. I didn,t think sticks needed one.
Later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

Ron :006:

You are 100% correct standard shift cars do not use a bell crank.  This :dumbass:didn't look at his parts manual before putting finger to typing . What I need is a complete accelerator assb. for a standard shift car. Want original style because of adding overdrive so the kick down will work.  Someone out there must have a parts car with this part on it.  Thanks

T:walk:M   :unitedstates:

shopratwoody

Tom,
I had a few O'drive cars when I was young. I loved them. A nice addition is an electric sw. in addition to the
kickdown. I never liked flooring the car to back into direct. With the extra sw. you can just let off lightly,
flip the switch and step on it gently and there you are. It's easier on the driveline etc...That stuff shoudn't
be that hard to find hopefully :dontknow:
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

fomocochoptop

So you are looking for a Clutch and pedal Assembly under the Dash.

RAWms

I gotta go along with Ron on the kick down method used for O-drives.  It always seemed to abrupt to me.  Killing the ignition to release the pawl was harsh.  On my last O-drive car I installed a switch primarily to relieve the electrical part of the O-drive from working when I had the cable pulled out.  I could use it to kick out the o-drive also.  I was pretty gentle with that transmission as a whole as I felt it was a weak link in the drive train and the car was my daily go to work car.  Being down for parts was not good. 

btw, I could not find anything but re-built clutches for that car; '57 sedan delivery.  Because the clutch discs I found had been re-built so many times the dampner springs only lasted about 10,000 miles.  Again not fun when it was my daily, rain or shine. 

r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

57 Ford Kustom

Roger :006:
   I may end up with the switch idea if can't find a pedal assb. I just spent $40.00 for a kickdown switch on ePay. This conversion is going to be on the inexpensive side , years ago parted out a 59 got the complete stick shift set up and the od trans got a new clutch disc, aluminum flywheel [ who said it doesn't pay to save stuff over the years beside my wife] the big expense will be the driveshaft. and a new floor shifter [ have a used one somewhere]

T:walk:M   :unitedstates;

RAWms

Tom,
There are parts yards here in So. Calif. I bet can fix you up with the part you need.  After re-reading this thread I'm not sure the part you need.  I have the "Z" throttle from my automatic that sounds like it is different from a stick.  Let me know.

If you need some hanging pedal parts let me know.  While I can't remember what transmission cars were in the desert I can follow up with the owner. 

let me know, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

57 Ford Kustom

Roger :006:
    What you call the Z throttle is what I need stick and auto are different. It is the part that goes thru the firewall from the gas pedal to the horizontal rod that hooks to the carb. Going to try and sell the automatic and want to sell it complete with the throttle linkage. Let me know what you come up with no hurry it will be at least another month before it is warm enough to work in  the garage. :003:
     I have all the clutch linkage from the 59 I parted out years ago.

T:walk:M  :unitedstates:

Frankenstein57

I think this is what you are looking for ebay item #320088567359, good luck Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Mark :006:
     Thanks for the reply all others that replied also I now have what Roger calls the Z throttle assb. and the dash insert will know in 5 hours on e Pay.  Thanks again

T 8)M   :unitedstates:

Frankenstein57

Did you win that pedal assembly? I tried to pull up the item but could not find it  Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Mark  :006:

I didn't need the clutch/brake pedal assb. what I needed was the z throttle pedal got that off ePay. along with the dash insert.

T 8)M      :unitedstates: