News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need a set of GEN/OIL red lenses

Started by 57ranchero57, 2007-02-21 22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

57ranchero57

Got my instrument cluster all torn apart and I want to replace the red lenses that read OIL and GEN, also the green lenses for the turn signal indicator lights. Anybody know where to find these? Carpenters is out of stock as of today, can't tell me when they will get in agaon. Also, is there an easy way to remove the heater control knobs on a 57? They don't have a set screww like most of the other Fords did. Thanks!
Steve

RAWms

I got the lenses from C&G Ford parts.  May also try Concours Parts, maybe MACs.  I think this stuff is one producer so sometimes a wait is required, e.g. body to frame mounts was like six months.  There was another thread here about the heater control knobs where I provided the part numbers.  I think those are pry off one way knobs and press on the new ones.   Good luck, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

Frankenstein57

Steve, I saw them listed in dearborn classics catalog. You going to be cruising this summer? How bout some pics! happy wrenchin, Mark

57ranchero57

Mark....email me at smjfritz@charter.net I'll send you some pics. Got the ranchero back from the paint shop in Feb, I retired last week after 35 years in retail, got lots of time now to finish the project. Biggest part to go yet is the interior, I want to find a set of buckets from a mid sixtiies Ford. This one is a Custom Job, not another 100% 1000 point original, done that before.Can drive one crazy, this one is for fun, I'll tell you more about it. Email me so I can return some pics to you.
Steve