News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

links to suppliers

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-10-23 14:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Thanks for adding this James...I'll be the first to jump in with a few, and I'll keep adding to it as they arise...these should all have '57 ford specific parts or services. Please remember these are member supplied website links and not necessarily endorsed by '57 Fordsforever or any of its members.  Rich

PARTS
www.1957ford.com                good source for specs and pics, also 70D fixed rear
                                          window conversion brackets, dimmer switch covers, spash shields
Antique Auto Supply       Nos, new and used parts.no website. 1225 Colo. Ln.,Arlington, Tx. (817)275-2381 large                            inventory all makes. video link:
                                     http://www.tvraaca.org/antiqueautoi.htm

www.autocityclassic.com         glass for our '57's, brake kits, radiators,more. Minnesota
www.automotiveinteriors.com   headliners, carpet,upholstery, much more.classic or modern vehicles. Mass.
www.bobdrake.com    mostly for older cars, now carry '57 gas tanks incl. FI ready and wagons
www.bobsclassicautoglass.com   glass (this is the guy you see on ebay) has the back window Oregon
www.boeseengineering.com       aluminum gauge panels for our '57 Fords. w/ or w/o gauges. may not fit correctly..see http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7516.msg64041#new
 www.blackcar-llc.com         sheet metal and more. in ohio. contact is e-mail only
www.burtonantiqueautoparts.com  nos, repro parts. new gold side inserts. Ohio
www.butchscoolstuff.com       engine,tranny adapters,disc brakes, more
www.calcarcover.com          quality covers custom made for specific models
www.cgfordparts.com          major distributor
www.c2cfabrication.com         body and floor pan rplacement panels
www.classicautoparts.com      major distributor, and a manufacturer of many parts. Ok. City
www.classicent.com/ford.php    57-59 floor pans incl.rears for retracs and conv.'s; spare tire wells
www.classictube.com            oem style and custom tubing. brake,fuel,vacumn,more
www.concoursparts.com          major distributor with large selection
www.coolcraft.com                  radiators
www.critesperformanceparts.com        fiberglass body parts,motor
CSRP: http://discbrakeswap.com/ granada disc brake components
www.customgrills.com                  '57 tube grilles..3/8 or 1/2
www.dakotadigital.com           new digital dash panel for 57 Fords!
www.dearbornclassics.com       distributor, mostly newer than '57
www.dennis-carpenter.com     rubber and hard parts, many manuf. from original tooling
www.discbrakeswap.com       NEW Granada spindles and disc brake kits
www.dropnstop.com              disc brake/dropped or stk. height spindle kits
www.eatonsprings.com        everything in coil or leaf springs and components. Detroit
www.emsautomotive.com       sheet metal repair panels, link to video of most of their parts:
                                         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI0-twlwQDI
                                         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2igixTd_8I
www.fatmanfab.com           suspension, brake parts and a lot more,  dropped spindles
www.fordrestorationandparts.com   used and nos parts, more. w/pics. Denver area
www.ford-y-block.com.    John Mummert's y block engines and parts
www.frpartsstore.com            online and mail order parts distributor
www.hilltopclassics.net           parts locator, nos, used and new. Calif. '57 enthusiast
www.inlinetube.com               oem or custom, steel or s.s. brake, fuel, vacumn lines
www.jamcosuspension.com     disc brake kits, motor mount kits, suspension,etc.
www.jerrysclassiccars.com       parts distributor,restoration shop for '57-59 fords
www.kanter.com                    suspension components and kits
www.larrystbird.com              major distributor with many 57-58 parts
www.lebaronbonney.com         upholstery
www.macsautoparts.com        parts distributor. tons of stuff, some manufacturing N.Y.
www.mcveighstrucksprings.com    leaf springs and suspension parts       https://www.ebay.com/str/mcveighstrucksprings?_trkparms=folent%3Amcveighstrucksprings%7Cfolenttp%3A1&_trksid=p3542580.m47492.l74602
www.melvinsclassicfordparts.com  Georgia distributor, '57 printed catalog (online coming), nos parts
www.mpbrakes.com                anything brakes..conversion kits,boosters, etc.
www.nospartsltd.com             source for nos Ford parts (member Randyh recommends ordering  by phone to reduce shipping charges)
www.pre60s.com                   Shay Smith has 4 trailer loads NOS parts. Chatsworth, Ontario, Canada 519-766-5986
www.rareparts.com               USA made suspension parts (cntl arms, bl jnts, ect)Amazon vendor
www.redvenomrepros.com        reproduction dash delete plates
www.restorationspecialties.com   all the small goodies..nuts,bolts..clips..and more
www.rexhp.com            Y-block performance and dress up kits
RLCPARTMAN@AOL.COM        reproduction grille deflector panels
www.smsautofabrics.com        upholstery materials, door panels, more
www.steelerubber.com          seals, gaskets, rubber parts and components
www.stfabrications.herobo.com    rack and pinion kits for our '57's made by our own yellowagon
www.suncoastracecars.com        fiberglass fenders, bodies,etc. '57 in "click catalog,doorslammers" pg 40
www.thunderbirdsouthwest.com   front and rear sway bars

EBAY STORES carrying '57 specific parts:
http://stores.ebay.ca/vintagefordpartsrus?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
www.a-resto-parts.com        front suspension rebuild kits.

SERVICES:
www.bobsspeedometer.com    speedometer, cable repair/restoration services. Michigan, member recommended
www.gastankrenu.com   gas tank repair. reference member post:  www.57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=5051.msg38433#new
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

bossguy

This is a great idea and I'd like to congratulate those responsible. My son is street rodding a 59 Edsel wagon and modifying it with a 69 Merc 429, C-6, 2:75 Traction lock and disc brakes. I told him how this site is laid out by section, (steering, brakes, elec, engine swaps etc) which makes it easier to research whatever you're working on. I was interested in the heavier front sway bar and I've been to Addco, PST and Quickor and I see several people on here refering to Concours. I've tried Concours.com but it comes up as a generic auto supply link. The same with Southwest T-bird, no pics of the bar. I'd like to see how it installs before ordering. Thanks

JPotter57

The link for Concours is www.concoursparts.com.  They have free catalogs you can order too, I get one every few months or so.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

bossguy...check out the "gallery" section...go to "under construction"...I've got a pic of my front end with the concourse/swt-bird hd sway bar. My pics start about the second row.labeled rich muise or 'rich's 57. If you look close you'll see the small oem sway bar on the floor beneath the new one. The front support plates mount to the frame using the same bolts as the bumper brackets and uses unused holes already in your lower control arm for the end stud/bushing assy's.When I do my front sheetmetal assy, I'll have to sandwich the bumper brackets in between the frame and the sway bar plates.There is no drilling or cutting required to install the new bar. James was right..you didn't have the Concourse website quite right. last time I checked swtbirds didn't have a real good website, and they had just fired whoever it was that did the one they've got..don't know if they got it straightened out...I'll check on it when I have time. If you hapen to live in Texas..order it from concourse and save the sales tax. If you live in Nevada go the other way.   Rich

bossguy

Thanks Guys, I finally got it. I live in NY and my son is near Daytona Beach. I'm going down there next month to attend Turkey Run at the Speedway with him. I started going thru the Gallery this morning and got sidetracked with Wildhogs 57 Ranchero, what a beautiful car!

tarheel57

Rich ,dont know if I should ask on this post or go to the steering & suspension post, but did you also use their rear swaybar kit that they offer? If you did, does it bolt up as nice as the front one? Do you know if both of the venders the same price,I am getting ready to order both the front and the back just wondering which vender would be the cheapest for me to use in NC. Thanks,Tarheel57 :unitedstates:

wildhog

BOSSGUY, THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS ON MY RANCHERO, I AM GETTING BACK TO WORK ON IT SINCE THE DESIGION TO MAKE AN ENGINE AND TRANS. CHANGE. TARHEEL, I HAVE A FRIEND THAT USED THE SWAY BARS FROM TEXAS ON THIS 57 T-BIRD. AND HE WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE SET UP. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

when I checked, prices were the same from both sources. I plan on getting the rear sway bar from them also when I work my way down the priority list. I'd call them both and ask if they have a discount if both are purchased at the same time. I believe Jim Nolan has their rear sway bar on his.

Bubba

Bros:
I also purchased a set form Texas T-Bird and am very happy with them.
Excellent quality, fit and finish.
BuBBa

tarheel57

Receved my front & rear swaybars from Texas T-Birds on friday.Havent put them on yet,but they both look to be well made,very pleased with the quality.Hope to get my frame painted this coming week so i can get them installed. Tarheel57

RICH MUISE

be sure to post some pics of the rear sway bar installation...Rich

iamflashman

I get all of my glass from www.autocityclassic.com.

They have the best prices I have found and the stuff gets there fast.
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

RICH MUISE

James...thanks for reminding me. I had bought mine there also. I'll add them right now before I forget again Rich

iamflashman

I almost forgot a really good one!  Classic Enterprises up there in Wisconsin makes ONLY convertible and retractable floor pans.  They are not as easy to install as EMS but they are absolutely correct in every detail.  They must also have a better press because the lines are sharper.

They are the only place that I know of that makes the correct rear floors for convertibles.  They also make a retractable
spare tire well.

http://classicent.com/ford.php
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

RICH MUISE