News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

links to suppliers

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-10-23 14:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2011-02-02 20:02
James...thanks for reminding me. I had bought mine there also. I'll add them right now before I forget again Rich
I misspoke...I didn't get mine there. I can't find my glass receipt and have been trying to get internet info on where I bought mine, I'm guessing they don't have a website. I believe it had the word "vintage" in the name somewhere and was out of one of the southeast states, maybe Georgia. Anybody know their name or have info on them so I can add them to our links? I see them frequently at all the big swap meets.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich & Everone:

Yesterday I called and placed an order for replacing my rear window glass at Bob's Classic Auto Glass, in Oregon.  Very good people to deal with.  Justin took my order, then asked me where in Calif. I lived.  When I told him, he asked me if I wanted to save about $100 in shipping costs by picking the glass up in Ontario (about 35 miles from my home).  When I said, "of course",He then checked with their Ontario warehouse to make sure they had it in stock.  The warehouse had a stock of about 30 clear glass rear windows to fit the 57 Custom series Fords and some of the green and gray tint, too.  The good news is I'm picking up the new glass in about 2 hours.  No muss, no fuss, and the price was reasonable.  It is good to know of a good glass business that seems to have customer service in mind.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Good to hear they were good to deal with. As I mentioned on their link they are the ones you see on ebay alot.  Rich

Meteorman

check out www.blackcar-llc.com they have specific 57 ford panels for the common rust areas, dogs leg, headlite panels, rear pan, i have used them both the service & parts were great.

RICH MUISE

Meteorman...looks like a vendor I can add to the list. Do you know where they are located? I'm guessing they are a Canadian outfit.

ptwood

Hello
here are 2 that I have recently found..
http://melvinsclassicfordparts.com/newparts.php
Melvins actually has the flipper springs that I have been unable to locate elsewhere.. I found their prices are in many cases are lower than the main Ford suppliers we turn to 1st, I purchased several items including springs, very nice and pleasant to work with

another is http://hilltopclassics.net/locateparts.htm in CA,
says he has been selling parts for 40 yrs.. said he could supply windlace clips, no one else has them and he will repair clocks and radios.. for less than I found elsewhere, if I knew of him 1st I would have sent my clock and radio to him and saved $100..
good luck in you shopping!
Peter

RICH MUISE

Peter..thanks for the references. I checked both out, and were able to add them to our list. Melvins is sending me a catalog covering our '57's, and hopefully sometime down the road they will have it available on line.
I talked quite a bit with Jerry at Hilltop classics..he's a '57 enthusiast, hasn't been @ this site yet but hopefully will join. he has used '57 parts, some n.o.s., and new and has a parts locating service.He operates a full restoration shop as well. He is working on a more comprehensive website, and gave me an e-mail address which will get diectly to his computer, which he says checks many times a day. It is jerry@hilltopclassics.net   Thanks   Rich

RICH MUISE

After talking with Jerry at Hilltop classics it got me to thinking we all need to mention '57 fordsforever.com when we are talking to, or ordering parts from our suppliers to get the site more attention. Jerry and his family are into '57 fords amoung other cars for years, but had never heard of our website or the '57ford.com website. They would be great people to pass on the word to their customers.  Rich

deereford

Hi, Two more places for you to checkout. coolcraft.com has replacement and aluminum radiators for 57s and others. They are one the west coast I think. c2cfabrication.com has patch panels and floorboards for 57s and others. They are in Mich. Brad

RICH MUISE

Thanks Brad..I was able to add them both.
I'm still checking on Blackcar..I'll be able to add them but just suspect they are in Canada and wanted to forewarn the guys there may be customs charges and additional shipping if that's the case (or no customs charges for our Canadian members). Sent them an email so hope to get some info soon.  Rich

RICH MUISE

Anyone got a link to Mummert's?

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thanks Jim..needed to add it to our links list
Rich

TexasFordGuy

Quote from: ptwood on 2011-02-19 07:35
Hello
here are 2 that I have recently found..
http://melvinsclassicfordparts.com/newparts.php
Melvins actually has the flipper springs that I have been unable to locate elsewhere.. I found their prices are in many cases are lower than the main Ford suppliers we turn to 1st, I purchased several items including springs, very nice and pleasant to work with

Melvin's we address was not working, here is a working one http://melvinsclassicfordparts.com
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

Not sure what the problem was...I clicked on our link and it went right to it, but thanks!
Now, If I could just get someone to tell me what the new ST Fabrications website is, if any....????