News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Inca Gold Colonial White Cars

Started by 2drhrdtp57, 2011-03-05 00:01

Previous topic - Next topic

2drhrdtp57

My 57 is still blown apart at the moment but the chassis & power train is finished and 85% of the body work done, So I am thinking of doing her back to her original paint code Inca Gold and Colonial white. Anyone have any good pics of this combination to share???

Thanks

John
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

JimNolan

Hope this comes out for you. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Frankenstein57

So you must have dodged the earthquake?

2drhrdtp57

Yes Frankenstein, trying to tale my mind off the quakes by thinking about jobs on my 57 to get it finished and back on the road, I also like the Raven black Inca Gold combo too.... Any pics appreciated
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

2drhrdtp57

Quote from: JimNolan on 2011-03-05 06:27

Very nice Jim thanks for posting, That looks a lot better than the one I saw locally as it was too lemon (y) in color, that looks more appealing with a more mustard tone.
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

2drhrdtp57

Quote from: JimNolan on 2011-03-05 06:27

Very nice Jim thanks for posting, That looks a lot better than the one I saw locally as it was too lemon (y) in color, that looks more appealing with a more mustard tone.
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

JimNolan

John,
    My car's color was originally YE2. The interior was Gold Ripple Weave ( 606 ). I always liked those colors but my wife threw a hissy fit when I wanted to repaint those colors. I personally haven't seen a bad original color scheme on a 57 Ford Fairlane 500. If I painted another one though I'd go with CF2 or GJ2, those color combinations were elligent. Glad to hear you faired well during the quake. Jim

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 2drhrdtp57 on 2011-03-05 23:51
Yes Frankenstein, trying to tale my mind off the quakes by thinking about jobs on my 57 to get it finished and back on the road, I also like the Raven black Inca Gold combo too.... Any pics appreciated
John, just happen to have a pic of the one '57 at the make-a-wish show this weekend, also you'll find lots of '57 pics at www.1957ford.com
P.S.  This was the car I was talking about that Gene, the owner in the pic, has had since 1960 and has 190,000 miles on it. Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

2drhrdtp57

I must have this 57 thing bad, I must have looked at that photo of Jim Nolans about 1000 times, that is one beautiful car.... I too have the Gold ripple weave interior, which I bought from ABC for the car, so I see I have four colour choices, Original, Inca Gold,Colonial White, Raven Black and Inca Gold, or All Inca Gold or All Raven Black, decisons decisons...
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

JimNolan

John,
   From experience let me give you a piece of advice on paint. Find a picture of a car painted the color you want. Call the owner and see if he's got the formula to the paint he used and what type of paint he used. You wouldn't believe what problems you get into by just going to your local PPG Store and having them cross the paint. They sell it to you with a smile on their face and you take it home and find out the Colonial White is white. Colonial white isn't white. It's tinted so heavily brown that beside a white car you'd swear it was light brown.
   The bottom of my car had the original Inca Gold paint on it. There wasn't any gold to it. It was pea green. I don't know if it was just because of age, no wax or whatever, but it was pea green. That's why I say to find someone with the color you like and get the formula, saves being disapointed at a later time. Jim

57ford

Such a good colour combination! My first '57, a Fairlane 500 Town Sedan was Inca Gold and Colonial White. Seriously thinking about doing my Ranchero the same. Alas no photos though.

SkylinerRon

Inca Gold & Colonial White is gorgous when correct. Styletone really brings out the colors.

Ron.

Jeff Norwell

My uncle had a Fairlane done in Inca Gold and Raven Black..I was 4 years old and hooked!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

This is my Del Rio, around 93, repainted by PO Blair Smith in og Inca Gold/Colonial White. Wasn't so sure about the color earlier on, but the more I see and hear about it, the more it makes me want to return it to exactly this color combo.

Ford Blue blood

My Ranchero was YE as well.  Paint is long gone so no picture........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II