News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mcveigh's rear leaf springs

Started by Alex L., 2011-05-18 06:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou

Bad typing on my part, I meant to say "That is 15/32 or a clearance hole for a 7/16 bolt."

RICH MUISE

Alex, I was curious if the springs you got from McVeigh had any markings on them as to where they were made?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Alex L.

RICH MUISE

Made in USA...very cool. I got to wondering since they were so cheap if they were made in Chchchchina. Thanks for posting that.  Rich

Alex L.

Alex L.

I got them installed today. I did remove the smallest leaf from the pack and the outcome was good. I also used some 2" drop blocks so the stance is right.

Everything fit well and i would recommend these springs for anyone wanting new springs.

lowrider

X2 on the recommendation. Put a set of 4 leaf springs on my Custom 300. Sits right where I want it & rides great.

RICH MUISE

I keep forgetting we have a supplier product review location. I took the liberty of quoting you guys and adding McVeigh to that board.   Rich

ROKuberski

Based on the good reviews for the McVeigh springs, I just ordered a set, including shipping, the cost is only $279, several hundred less than Concours Parts, the previous "best" price I could find.  It was going to cost about $400 + tax to have them cold rearched locally.  However, the local guys would have added one leaf and given me new U bolts.

Rich

ROKuberski

My rear springs arrived and I got them installed without any problems.  Right off, the rear of the car was no longer listing to the drivers side and the rear end was a little higher.  This almost surprised me.  I put one of the old springs next to a new spring and they measured the same height when sitting on the floor.  I was thinking that the new spring would be sitting higher.

Driving was a big improvement.  The lean in turns was markedly reduced.  Just driving down the road you can't really tell much.  Great price - good result - easy to do.

If anyone wants the old springs you can have them for the cost of shipping.  Speak up soon or they will go to recycle. 

Rich

RICH MUISE

I assume you got the 6 leaf springs? We're all due for something to go easy for a change...glad to hear the springs went well.

ROKuberski

No, I did not get the 6-leaf springs.  Got the stock units.  They are working fine.

My next project will be to see if I can quiet the interior of the car.  Too many squeaks and groans.  I am pretty sure that my car is the only one on the planet that does this.  I put in a bunch of sound deadening materials in the 1937 Chevy that I restored and what a difference that made. 

Rich