News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Family Fairlane 500s

Started by rapilje, 2007-05-18 14:39

Previous topic - Next topic

rapilje

Hello, I'm new to the group. Have always been a major fan of the 1957 Ford but have never owned one. Researching now in hopes of finding one within a year. Am not particular about the model, would be just as pleased to find a Custom 300 four-door as a Skyliner or Country Squire, but would like to find one that has never had more than surface rust -- which will be a challenge, I know.

My grandparents (mother's parents) and my father both bought 1957 Ford Fairlane 500s brand new. Pictures of my grandparents' car the day they bought it, below. Picture of my father's car to follow.

They lived in Mahwah, NJ. My uncle, who was 17 in 1957, took the pictures. The car was called a "Mahwah Special," presumably because it came out of the Mahwah Ford plant a few miles away. I remember it had power windows. My grandparents kept the car until 1965, when they traded it in for a '65 LTD coupe which was also white with a (dark) red interior.

rapilje

Second picture of grandparents' car.

RAWms

Hey rapilje,
Welcome aboard.   There are lots of '57s waiting for you to bring them back to a proud life.  Find your candidates and check in with the gang for advice; There is a wealth of knowledge here.   '57s are finally are coming into their own. 

Good luck and again welcome aboard, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Nice ol Fords. When you buy just make sure about the rust.. or at least it's been properly repaired. Their's
plenty here in various stages that's for sure
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

wolfpupsdad

we found ours on trader online. just type in 1557 ford and here they come. ya may have to drive aways, we went 80 miles and paid a fair price , but we looked for over a year to find just the right ranchwagon. good luck and as everyone else has said there is a wealth of info here.