News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Welcome 57 Ford fans....

Started by JPotter57, 2006-11-21 21:23

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR  :blowup1:
Can't find no American Flag

:dumbass: ?? Ron
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Ron,

My flag is out and has been including one in the back yard.  All the cars are sporting one also.  Even the one my grandaughter pulls apart and I re-glue but thats ok; She knows what it is.

I had the door and windwing glasss cut locally.  I'm waiting for the windwing channels so I can re-install the windwing assembly, then the glass followed by the upper and back of the door channel.  I think that is the sequence.  I have installed a power window setup.  Does that sound like the proper sequence to you?
r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Roger, no problem with the Flag at home. I can't find one here :ca-manitoba: :canada: :ca-newbrunswick: :ca-newfoundland-labrador: :ca-saskatchewan: Good for you dong the glass. I think I'll get the seat done this week.
I think maybe Oxblood with the Black car. Can't stand looking at this one any longer. Did the carpet you bought
came with good padding etc? I don't have the wells behind the seat anymore. They're almost flat. The sequence
of your glass installation sounds good to me :brick: I'll find out someday :help1:
Ron :BangHead:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Here it is under the "[more]"
:unitedstates:  :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates:  :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates: :unitedstates:

It otta be first!

I put a space blanket under the carpet.  I will have to go take a look regarding the included padding.  If the back wells are now flat what I bought included the rears would be a problem.  You could buy the front half and then get a few square yards for the rear.  The tunnel is pretty parallel in the rear so form might be a minimal issue.  That would take another eyeball.   I bought based on the recommednation of 57 Ford Kustom.  They were very good folks to work with, best price, and even added 6" up the toe board.  And, quick and cheap shipping.  Thx Tom for that input!  Let me know and I will go dig out the receipt or maybe the thread is still there on the old board.

Oxblood will be great in a black car.  Are re-doing the original seat? 

btw, I guess nither of those cars on the Car Craft mags were your folks.  I remember seeing a Titan Red '57 I think but could not find it the other day.

r   :unitedstates:

...as of Apr 2007

57 Ford Kustom

Ron   Here is the address for the seat covers/floormats. I had never ordered and carpet from them but a few sets of seat covers, They also were known as Auto Crafters. 
       Also like Roger Flag on house/garage/ and all cars and trucks.:unitedstates: Also going to add to my signature.
       Me a :dumbass:  :brick: forgot the address here it is http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/seatcovers.htm

T 8)M
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

Tom, thanks for the info. I think I'' get mine carpeted at the shop, due to not having wells in the rear anymore. :102:

Roger, yes at this time I'm planning on using an original seat. I hope I can find a picture to show the shop what I want.
The car has had many different seats through the years. The only one I liked was a early 60's Linc. 4 dr. seat, all
leather with fold down center arm. I think the stock seat will work for what I want. :icon_eyes: The mag. that our 57
custum was in isn't around anymore. Not a big name like R&C etc...
I'm going th paint the floor this morning, roll it with flat black Rustoleum or someting similar.
Later, Ron :066: :smtree2:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

I am working on getting most of the smileys and flags under {more}.  It is a slow process with so many smileys, lol.  Glad you guys like them.   As soon as I get these squared away, I have found some more to add....lol
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

THAKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!
RON, :iamsmiling:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

I second and a big THANK YOU for the site.  It is a treasure of knowledge and information and great fun meeting here in a cyber club house.  Thank you!

Ron,
Here is a magazine rack a friend built for me for my ^% birthday.  There is stuff there from the early 50's.  The "little mags" like R&C, Car Craft (inside back cover  :boobies2:), etc. had great custom articles and color issues.  Thats where I was going to look for your folks car.

(Hmmm, somebody must have given to me those mags since I'm a youngster  On that note I have changed my birthdays now to only celebrating the anniversary of my 50th birthday.  For example, I'm coming up on the 13th anniversary of my 50th.  See how much easier that is?)

r

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Roger,
Nice mag rack. I have just a few of the little mags. I was just look thru them yesterday at interiior pictures.
The shop that did my 78 Ranchero a couple of yrs ago wanted $850.00 for the seat in naugahyde. I think
that's too much. My friend that used to do my work passed a few yrs. ago. He would have done in Connolly
leather for that much :icon_eyes:
  MY folk's 57 was in a 1959 issue of a mag that I can"t remember. I think the guy who built it was Fireman from
Costa Mesa. I rember seeing run around town with primered roll pans etc when it was stock red & wht two tone,
before in became Titian red and white. A friend bought it, ran it for awhile, parked it and let it sit quite awhile.
When he sold it he wasn't well. I think it got trailered to Pico Rivera or Montebello area, last I ever heard of it :dontknow:
That would have been 68 or 9
Later, Ron :crybaby2:
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

Well Madman, you sure have been busy :026:
Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication :045:
Ron :headbang:
I hate blocksanding!

smurfee

SMURFEE is  here, I finally got approved - started to feel like an orphan, but I can't remember how to get my pictures back into the member ride area or even on this sight? must be a loose spark plug or something - SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

JPotter57

I fixed it for you, Smurfee....welcome back...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

CARL JIMZ

:041: I applaude this site. I have a 1957 ford fairlane I just purchased a few months ago. I hope to use this site often.

57 Ford Kustom

Welcome to the best 57 ford site there is. We have only 1 rule here,  no taking someones toy away from them while playing in the sandbox. If you do this will happen to you :fripper: :frocket: :fsniper: or these boys will be looking for you :glasses7: :glasses6: :glasses8:
      Do not be afraid to ask a question some one will know the answer. By the way if you have a Y block here is another site that has a great bunch of people on it [some are from here too]  y-blocksforever.com and that is no :bsflag:

T 8)M   :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.