News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Welcome 57 Ford fans....

Started by JPotter57, 2006-11-21 21:23

Previous topic - Next topic

CARL JIMZ

:006:Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a 1957 Ford fairlane 500 two door sedan. I presently have it at the paint shop. I hope to gain much knowledge from this site. Thanks. Carl Jimz 1957 Ford fairlane and 1951 ford 8n tractor.

shopratwoody

Welcome Carl,
I think you'll probably find any answere you need on this sight. From what I've read these guys have done
about everything that can be done to a 57 Ford. Customs to Hot Rods. :thumbsup:
Later, Ron :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Hey 57 Ford Kustom, Shopratwoody, and Smurfee,

Did you notice the change in in the smileys?  The very first is  :unitedstates: followed by  :canada:!  ALRIGHT!  I was born here but my mother was born on the river between Saskatoon and Regina Saskatchewan in 1910.   I spent two Christmas' in Regina and I understand why I have/had so many aunts and uncles.  True survivors.    I have kin still there and you would never guess what they do; Think wheat.  Great folks but I'm staying in So. Calif.  Turn up the thermostat and pass me another Molson...

Anyway I noticed tonight the changes.   YEA James.  This site rocks.

r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

57 Ford Kustom

Roger
     I liked it better the other way up here in the great north dial up is nornal [ the Governor wants this state to be 80% DSL by 2008] Guess who will be in the other 20% you guessed it the phone line going by my house  and the next house is the end of the line. It takes longer to get the selection now but for most of you people it is a inprovement.

T:walk:M    :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

jeauxbleauxsr@hotm

Quote from: briney on 2006-11-29 09:39
Hi everybody! What a nice new message board. I used to read the old board until it got trashed.  I decided to join up when the new board got on its feet. I want to thank everyone for their past posts and efforts to help others on this board, especially Mississippi Madman. Many of the posts have been invaluable in pointing me in the right direction. Hope I can contribute my 28+ years of automotive knowledge, tips, and tricks in helping as well. There is a lot 57 Ford tin down here in TX.

Patrick
Dallas, TX

jeauxbleauxsr@hotm

Hi Patrick In Dallas. You say you have a lota 57 'frod tin u there. how bout finding me a red/white fairlane 500?
thansk
jeaux :unitedstates:

briney

I'll take a look around here and let you know.

Patrick  :unitedstates:
Dallas, TX
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Jeff Norwell

A FANTASTIC site!!!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Lono

a Newbie here, just got approved and wanted to say  hello.

Been building since I was 15 now converted to a full blown  '57 freak ya might say.
I own three right now but may have to pair down the collection to buy a retractable I found.

First is a Ranch wagon project, my San Diego Ranchero find and an Arizona customized 500 that was built in 1962. The Fairlaine is the one that took me down the garden path to the others. No more Roadsters or coupes for me, if it aint 57 it just aint.

A great site, thanks for having me.
Cheers,
Lono

\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

shopratwoody

Welcome to the site Lono. Nice 57's you have there.
You'll like it here :001:
I hate blocksanding!

cool57

"...if it aint 57 it just aint."
Welcome Lono, love your motto! Love that 500 too!

Lono

thanks guys,
Hey shopratwoody, I see we share the same headlight treatment.
Was it a period kit? I wondered where the rings came from, any ideas?

\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

JPotter57

Rings came from 56 Ford F100.  Great looking group of `57s, Welcome to the group, Lono.....JP
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Nice fleet Lono, welcome.   Mark

hiball3985

Hello all, My name is Jim from So Calif. I've owned five 57's previously between 1966 and 1980. Two Custom 300 and three Rancheros. They have always been my favorites and I dearly miss them. I just recently purchased a 57 Ranchero that was a WIP. It's in fair shape, 292 three speed. It has a disc brake upgrade and an alternator, other then that its pretty stock. I still have a ton of minor fixes to do. I'll try getting pictures posted in the gallery.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang