News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford parts liquidation

Started by gasman826, 2012-03-02 12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

I want to 'down size' and get ready to move to smaller digs.  Bunches of used '57 Ford stuff mostly Custom.  Used body parts...none perfect.  No Y block stuff.  Some FE.  Lots of 385 (429/460).  One set of Granada spindle/disc brakes.  Tell me what you want...I'll dig it out and take pictures.

Zapato

I'd sure like to grab that frame, just wouldn't be cost effective to haul it all the way to the west coast. Even if it was a freebie. Its the one item on my Portland Swap Meet dream list.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

gasman826

Ya', they ususally don't take frames to the swaps.  They are a little heavy and take up a lot of room.

RICH MUISE

Are those rechromed front bumpers in the wrapping?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: gasman826 on 2012-03-02 12:57
Ya', they ususally don't take frames to the swaps.  They are a little heavy and take up a lot of room.

You're absolutely right, but there will be guys there with everything but the frame and that should easily lead me to one.

Zapato

JPotter57

Do you have any interior stuff, like a rear seat for a Custom Tudor?  Usable door panels?  man, I'd sure like to have both of those quarters just to keep, but it would cost a ton to ship them to Mississippi.  Heck, prob cost that much to ship a seat if you have one.  Have you ever used Greyhound to ship big stuff like that?  Some of the guys on here swear by it.  I do believe that if I still lived in Tennessee, I'd just make the road trip and get a lot of stuff, lol.  Good stash of `57 stuff you got there.

By the way, how much for the shirt in XL?
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

gasman826

Good eye.  Yes, there are front and rear (Custom) rechomed bumpers laying there.  They were done at a local chrome shop.  Custom,  I welded studs in the holes so there are no bumper bolts.

There are both rear cushions for a Custom Tudor.  Good condition...recovered in dark, dark gray vinyl tuck and roll.

Greyhound.  I've heard the same.  Just never had an opportunity to use them but I'm willing to try.

T-shirts...These are leftovers of some I had made.  Any color as long as it is grey.  Any size as long as it XXL.  $16 + $3 for shipping to Continental US

Wirenut

I am interested in the right headlight mounting panel you listed yesterday. I would like a complete fender, looks like  have one but that might be a challenge to send to south texas. I would appreciate a photo and price on the panel if it is still available.. Thanks

gasman826

There are three front fenders there.  They need work.  Shipping a fender to Texas might mean that it would need more work by the time it got there.  If interested, I'll confirm condition and take pictures.  But,  Texas...aren't there rust free parts just sitting around everywhere.  Sorry, I'm from Michigan and we all think that!!!!!

Give me your ZIP and I'll quote shipping on the headlight panel.

Take care,
Gary

Wirenut

I have purchased 3 57 fairlanes and all  three combined I still can't put one together due to rust. They're all Texas cars. This far south and just 75 miles off the coast it's humid. My zip is 78573. I have spent so much time on the right fender and the headlight panel and am pretty close to having it pieced back together. When I saw you had a nice panel I am thinking do I scrap all that work and have a better part or do finish what I started. 300.00 plus shipping will be a lot but when you factor in all of the labor and the quality of the repair one has to make a decision. 

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: gasman826 on 2012-03-02 17:17
Greyhound.  I've heard the same.  Just never had an opportunity to use them but I'm willing to try.

I have used Greyhound to both ship and recieve parts.  All were moved relatively fast and the incoming stuff was quick too.  Rear floor pans for my 60 wagon were 45 from AZ, the spare tire well from MT was 55.  Cost me 35 to shipp both halves of a 37 Chevy hood to NJ.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

The last time I tried to ship some artwork greyhound, they told us they would only do heavy and big stuff if it could get to it's destination without being changing buses.
Gary...how much for the front bumper..LOL..I'm broke, but maybe my wife's got some she could lend me.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

PM me with a price on the seat, shipped to Gulfport, MS.  There is a Greyhound terminal here in town, they do participate in the package program.  I am interested in the back seat, that is the last big thing I really need.  Thanks.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

gasman826

From the pros and cons of shipping Greyhound, the lose/damage risk sounds little different than UPS, USPS, and better than freight.  Has anyone used uship.com.  I think it is associated with eBay.  You offer up something to ship or you as the carrier, and people will bid on delivery.  It could be someone going on vacation and going your way or a dispatched trying to cap off a load.  I only used it once to ship a couple of FE engines from Nebraska to Michigan.  Early bids were $800-1000.  Within a couple of days, a independent dispatcher bid $375 insured.  Engines arrived just like any other freight carrier.

Bumper:  The chrome guys did those bumpers for $500 each.  With all the straightening and many coats of copper to smooth the bolt holes, I'm happy with the price and quality(plus I got to look over their shoulder and learn a bunch about chrome...really cool!!!).  What about the Bumper Boyz.  They tour the big car shows.  Your can order from them and pickup at the closest car show that they attend???????????  Just a thought.  If you are going to custom chrome anything, the better the core--the cheaper it is.  Those pitted castings can be saved but require coat after coat of copper to fill and buff those holes full.

Zapato

would hesitate to do the Bumper Boyz have yet to hear anyone happy with them after a year or so. Do a search on the HAMB and see what I mean.

Zapato