News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford parts liquidation

Started by gasman826, 2012-03-02 12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

I have shipped (greyhound) 2 doors,2 fenders,2 inner fenders, and a tailgate from Santa Barbara ,California to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Very pleased with the service and price. My cousin wrapped them well, he used pipe insulation on the door edges. Then wrapped everything in stiff cardboard. Their website has a calculator for estimating charges, enter the size and weight, orgin and destination, and they get pretty close on the $$$. Now if they only could fit a body shell in that bus.......... :003:

JPotter57

The bumpers I have seen look good initially, but I believe the nickel plate is quite thin, and the chrome plate is definitely thin.  If you keep your car inside, and keep it waxed, I can't see that that it would be a problem.   If you leave it outside and never wash it, yeah, I guess you won't be happy with it after a year or two. I am having a glass bumper "spray plated".  If you havent seen this done before, google it, you wont believe it.  There is a guy here locally that does it, did a whole sport bike not long ago, pretty cool to see a chrome motorcycle, lol.  Anyway, my back bumper will be chrome steel.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

buckie405

I want to buy the rechromed bumpers if they are still available?  bsmall5@cox.net

gasman826

I did not think anybody would notice those bumpers all rapped up.  They are the only thing in that loft that go to my project car.  I didn't mean to tease anyone.

While searching for a chrome shop, I found some that skip the copper plating phase and do only nickel and chrome.  It looks OK for a while.  The guy I found straightens, grinds, and then belt sands.  Then plates in copper and buffs the copper.  If there is a scratch, pin hole or grinder mark, back for another layer of copper.  I did ask about how long the plating should last and he said that plating is extremely hard and should never wear out.  He said the biggest mistake in glass, chrome, and stainless maintenance is that we polish it TOO much.  Chrome, stainless, and glass should never have polish/wax that is used for paint.  Use a non cleaning type of paste wax...not a polish/cleaning wax.  The cleaning wax has fine compound in it to clean the dead layers of paint away.  On two stage paints, we should not be using a polish/cleaner type wax.  I thought that was kind of interesting.  I cleaned out the car care products in my garage.

Lunatic Ford

Now I'm curious about that frame. You wouldn't have any inner fenders, would you?

gasman826

Sure!  A right and left.  I'm sure the right one will need work around the battery box.  I'll PM pictures.
Take care,
Gary

buckie405

looking to buy rechromed bumpers for my 57 hardtop, Got any? how much ? where at ?

bsmall5@cox.net

Lou

I have a set of re-chromed bumpers for a F-500 hardtop, they are wrapped up in my attic but I'm really busy right now and won't be able to get to them for about 2 weeks. I'm looking for $1000.00 for them with the front guards, I'm in  Connecticut.

fordaholic

Gasman:    Where did you get those pics? Have you been in my shop atic?  Just wondering if you have a decent front seat, actually a real good front seat that you might want to get rid of . If you do shipping would not be an issue. I am going to Lexington in a couple weeks, and from there to the Columbus spring swap meet. Coming from north of Toronto and you arn`t too far out of my way. I also have been selling off surplus peices from past projects. I am kinda heavy into FE stuff and Fairlane parts.  Maybe I have something you could use.  Need a cracked 427 marine block?    Cheers  Gary

gasman826

I have a front, bench, folding seat that I removed from a '57 Custom Tudor.  I don't know how to confirm that it is original.  Tell me what to measure and take pictures of and I will PM you.  If it is to go to Canada, local pickup is the only way to go.

I dumped the FE stuff when the market was stronger.  Just a few truck parts left...nothing worth mentioning.

The 427 marine...if the crack is in the cylinder wall, it's probably repairable.  Many of the 427 marines were cast as side oiler blocks but drilled as center oilers.  So if it is a side oiler, cross bolt main block that could be repaired, there is someone somewhere perking up their ears right now.

fordaholic

Gasman: I would appreciate a couple pics of the seat if you could. And maybe a price. My address: estaterc@sympatico.ca And yes this block is very repairable, which is what I was going to do until  I had the good fortune of finding a better one that needed no repairs.   thanks  Gary

gasman826

Ford Barn has NOS '57 front bumper for $295!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RICH MUISE

Gasman...That post is 2 years old, but just in case I told him I'd buy it for the asking price. Thanks for the heads up.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

drof75

How much for the granda brake stuff?

Buz
Dallas, TX

gasman826

I would call them good used.  I think that I had this set on a '57 once.  So I'm thinking that these would be ready to run.  Used but runable.  Stored inside and dry.  Not disassembled...each side in one piece.  $220.00 plus shipping.  If you're interested, let me get them out, take pictures and inspect.  I will also weight and quote shipping.  I afraid it will be pricey.  I need a ZIP.  PayPal or US Post Office Money Order.  If you're coming to NASCAR at Michigan International Speedway, I'll mow you a spot back in the field and you can stay the week.  Save the shipping, too.