News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Interior questions

Started by Frankenstein57, 2012-03-24 22:43

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Rick/Gasman...I have to be wrong at least once a week or it wouldn't be me...LOL...I'll bet I have them kicking around my garage somewhere..I do remember the short pieces with the teeth, but not ones like you've got (and I've probably got too). Thanks for posting that.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

An update on the headliner staples, I used a Stanley gun type tacker with 1/4" T-50 arrow staples. I practiced on a cadaver roof in my collection, staples fastened well, with good wrap. Once in a while I have to tap one down a bit. So with my wifes help, she is a seamstress and has a good eye for the lay of the fabric, we began installing the liner. I centered the liner, installed the rods,trimmed the rod loops so we had room where the rod goes into the eyelets. The rear rod has two wire hooks that attach to the cowl, allowing us to stretch the liner forward, we applied Permatex headliner/fabric adhesive to the tack strip. Starting in the center and working out I began stapling the fabric to the strip. Looks good, I left it at that as the adhesive needed 24 hours for a full cure. Watched the Nascar race and did something else.( Ford won )Going out today to do the rear and tuck the sides. I also used Rich's idea on the wind lace, I attached some 3/8 plastic flat stock to the kick board cowl, then screwed the wind lace to that. I am still looking for a cement or glue that can be used on fabric edges. I tried posting pics, but it locks up my post.  Mark