Interchange Manual needed, but which one?

Started by billpatton, 2012-03-28 12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

billpatton

I own a 57 Station Wagon and some of its parts are unique to the wagon (not same as passenger cars) and some parts for my car are harder to find than a needle in a haystack.   So, I need an interchange manual to find my needed parts.  What do you suggest?

Ford Blue blood

You have the best interchange manual in the world right here!  There is really nothing you will find in that very pricey book that you can't find here.  Canadian ranchero seams to have parts books and interchange manuals and has been very helpfull to several members.  Check out 57Fords web site, learn the various models and get all the service manuals available.

Ranchero and wagon series shared many parts.  Many parts are unique to the Ranchero and Wagon lines.  57 & 58 Fords and 58 Edsel used all the same parts (except trim, grill, front fenders and hood and some interior trim items) and many carried over to the 59 line as well.  The gas tank is unique to the Ranchero and Wagon lines as are all the attending parts to it.  The rear shocks are unique to the Ranchero, Wagon and Retractable as are the brake parts.

Good luck with the build and please don't be afraid to ask questions....the only dumb question is the one unasked!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lou

I have a set of Hollander Interchange manuals. I would suggest you look for a 62 to 64 edition, as they cover about 12 years. There expensive, even used but worth every penny.

Zapato

Quote from: Lou on 2012-04-02 22:57There expensive, even used but worth every penny.

Very true, friend of mine had a vintage Cadillac and he used one religiously. As at times the right part was available from one of the other GM brands without the ''wallet bite'' of a caddy part.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

canadian_ranchero

on the bigger common parts the hollander is good[they reprinted 1966 goes back to about 1954]on the small trim parts the factory parts books are better

Frankenstein57

I bet it would be a must with a tri -five t-bird. My buddy has a 65 Vette, he gets violated whenever he buys parts.