News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

two tone trim

Started by 4thgen57, 2012-07-18 17:37

Previous topic - Next topic

4thgen57

Hi all. nice to finally be a member here! I have a custom 4 door that i want to two tone but need these trim pieces first. Anybody know where I can find them?
Thanks
4thgen57

rmk57

I'm looking for a set to. There's an nos one on ebay, but only one. Look under "paint divider".
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

gasman had a set awhile back, maybe still does. contact him.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

4thgen57

Thanks guys. I would assume these are different for right and left, but, are they different for a 4 door vs 2 door?

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the site.  The photo you posted tells me the right and left would be different. Notice the bottom "not-horizontal" edge is at an angle to compensate for the angle on the side moulding.

I'm curious about your "4thgen57" tag...did your car belong to your great grandfather?...pretty awesome if it did.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Welcome....I would think they were the same for 2dr and 4dr.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Someone here must have a parts manual, that would definitely tell if its one number or four. Would be interesting to see how they are fastened. Wouldn't take much to fab them with minimum tools at home. Specially if you leave the ribs out, which are a bit strange as there is nothing else on the car like them. A thin piece of brass or copper could easily be bent to a pattern made from poster board. Small bolt brazed on the backside and then off to the plating shop.

Personally wouldn't bother with the ribs think it would flow better without.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

4thgen57

Yes my great grandfather bought the car new! My dad was 7 years old and rode home from the dealership in it. Grandpa never owned but dad did. I am technically 3rd gen owner, 4th gen driver and my 9 year old is the 5th gen rider! Car still has the original chrome tag on the back from the dealer. Its rusty but runs like a champ. Its got 52K orig miles and motor has never been out. I put head gskts on it when I was 15 so I could drive it when I got my license. Drove it to high school, and hopefully when the kids are grown it will get finished! Thanks all for your input, Im sure I will have lots more questions as I dig deeper.

RICH MUISE

That's awesome. 5 generation transportation!
I agree with what Zap said. I'm assuming since you said you were thinking of 2 tone, that you're not overly concerned with keeping the car as it left the factory. There are a number of ways you can do the paint seperation,so I wouldn't worry about the seperator if you can't find a set...and they are hard to find. I also agree with Zap's comment about the pieces not looking like they were designed to go with the car..must have been an afterthought...Ribs??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I have one you can have if you want it.  I'll look and see which side its for tomorrow.  It isnt perfect but not junk either, decent driver quality.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

4thgen57

No I am not worried about keeping it factory original. Thanks jpotter57, will be more than glad to pay the shipping, just let me know how much! And I also agree that they do not go with the car. will have decisions to make. Im slowly gathering parts before I tear into it. Right now its a driver and body is all orig. as soon as I cut into one spot I will want it done and just dont have the time or money for that right now. I have a list of parts I'm looking for but dont wanna sound needy!

JPotter57

Just send me a pm with your mailing address and I'll get it in the mail this evening.  The one I have is the passenger side.
Old, loud, and fast.

4thgen57

jpotter57, Just curious, I have tried to send you you 2 PMs. My mailbox shows 0. Have you gotten these? Still trying to gigure this forum out.
Thanks

JPotter57

I got them, I have just been busy, little guys birthday, my parents are here visiting from TN, just a lot going on, lol..
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II