News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

brake juice

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-08-13 07:56

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,    i have to change the brake fluid in all my cars,   on the 51 its been 20 years and i had to replace all the wheel cyls and master cyl,  moisture got in and it turned a milky white,  still worked, but not right.  so the question is,  is there a fluid that holds up to moisture,  or is it just better to change every so often?,   and what kind is everyone using?,   thanks    jerry

Ford Blue blood

Silicone will not combine with moisture.  Cost more, harder to bleed (gets air in it real easy, shake the can and it is trash), won't hurt paint, does not do well in performance applications and the pedal is just a touch different in it's feel, does not get rock hard like the Dot 3 does.  Couple of guys I know use nothing but the stuff and are very happy with it. 

I use Dot 3 as none of my cars sit for any more then a week.  I have had good luck with 3 by keeping the top on the master and only looking at the level once a year.  It stays clear for the best part of three years and gets changed when it starts to darken up.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

62galxe