News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Irish Dave brake booster on eBay

Started by sprink88, 2012-09-21 15:36

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

I purchased one about $200 with shipping. I had emailed him a few times asking questions before I clicked to buy. He was prompt on the return emails and does come with decent instructions. I did have to call him (he leaves his cell and email addy with instructions) once. I had no brake pressure. He was just as bewildered as I was and gave me the number to his booster supplier just in case. Well after deducing everything, I had figured the push rod just wasnt going in far enough. In the instructions, he stated Edsels needed the adjustable rod bent so the pushrod would go in straight. So I put it in my vise and broke the rod. My luck. But I still wasn't getting power anyway. With no vacuum hooked up I had brakes, but I did buy a power brake set up.

Dang, broke my rod. Went to local big box home improvement store. Nope, no fine thread 3/8 rod and couldnt find a bolt long enough. From there I went to Fastenal, and bought a 3ft fine thread 3/8 rod. $8. But it was what I need. Cut the molded end off to make it a coupling, and cut the rod 2" longer than the overall adjustable rod. With a little bit of adjustment, not much, viola! power brakes work awesome.

Gonna post that install in the Power brake category with pictures
~Chris

Zapato

Hope you shared that info with Irish Dave, it will make it easier if he makes note of this for future customers and maybe even offer a longer pushrod as part of his kit.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

cool57

Who is Irish Dave's supplier?