News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Irish Dave brake booster on eBay

Started by sprink88, 2012-09-21 16:24

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

So after emailing a bit with Dave, I decided to buy one. Shipping was slow, but it came.

I started taking apart the old brake system. Everything out, except the pedals.

Easier than I thought.
~Chris

sprink88

Now to bolt the bracket on the booster, and "dry fit" it to the firewall.
~Chris

sprink88

ok, take it off and now I need to separate my brake system. Front to rear. There was actually two tees. The first one, was feeding in and going to the front and rears.And found another tee for the fronts. Coming from first tee and going to left and right wheels. Took the line between the two tees out. What a perfect place to separate the two. Went to the parts store, got two new lines long enough to reach new master and one plug for the first tee.

Don't mind the cancer in the first pic, that is getting taken care of! hehe

Pipe the lines up to where you need to be.

and start bench bleeding the Master cylinder. After your done, re install the master onto your booster and attach lines, and brake light switch.

Bleed all the lines, takes for ever. And hopefully you have good brakes when your all done. I was not as fortunate. I tried bending the adjusting rod so it went in straight and broke it. But it is ok, because it was not long enough. Had to go to Fastenal and get a 3/8 fine thread rod and make a longer one. My brakes work great after a little fiddling and help from Irish Dave. He will answer his cell he gives on his instructions to help you out. Also he answers his emails fairly quick.

Any questions, just ask
~Chris