News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sooo..... what are the racers up to on here

Started by 6cyl57, 2013-01-04 10:49

Previous topic - Next topic

6cyl57

Its winter time around here (Midwest) . Some of you lucky guys can race all year, but not here.
Any of you doing up grades to the cars? My 57 wont be raced,but sure do like seeing what you guys are
doing with yours. Who has the quickest 57 on here.

RICH MUISE

Who has the quickest 57 on here?...very interesting question..I'd sure like to see a lists of our member's best times. My offhand guess is Hoosier Hurricain, with Pat Fleishman (suede57) a second?? James has been into the racing scene, but I think it's been a while since he's had one to run.I'd hazard a guess there are a number of '57 owners/lurkers here that are into dragracing, but don't post because it's not an often brought up topic here.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Hoosier is the quickest currently, with Pat right behind him.  Pat's of course is a street driver where John's is set up as it was raced in Stock in the day.  My yellow car which is long gone now went 11.30's with a small block.  My current car has been  in progress for about 6 or so  years now, and is just now able to crank, still dont have a drive shaft in it, otherwise it would be able to move under its own power for the first time since 1968, when it was last raced in the slower gas classes with a 390 and 4 speed.  It is going back together with an F-code 312.   More later...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

F570RD

Up until 2008.I may have been the quickest with running 10.30's.Thats been put to rest now with a street motor that will run low 13's. :005:

suede57ford

I'm assembling my stroker Y-block short block this weekend.   I have the Mummert Aluminum heads for it now, a Joe Crane ported Blue thunder intake and a bigger cam recommended by Ted Eaton.   I'm still running the converted VR57 supercharger, which may actually be my limiting factor until a new VR4 type impeller is made.  With my new combo the engine should make good power on its own, and possibly breath better than the cfm's the current blower can produce.  I still want the engine compartment to look all original 57 Ford, so that really limits my external mods.

I am planning on taking it to the LoneStar Roundup in Austin on April 5and 6th, so the clock is ticking for my new combo to go together.

I'll be racing at the Shelby meet in Tulsa in June, right after some Hot Rod Power Tour Action the week before.

Ill keep everybody posted if I get some track or dyno time.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Pat...does the stock supercharger get it's air intake from the cowl? I was just looking at a pic of your engine and it looks like the air duct is going to the left side? I'm wondering if that would work for the efi intake on the 4.6 dohc to avoid having to move the battery to another location.
(don't forget to give me a call next time your in Amarillo so I can get your wax stuff back to you.)

suede57ford

Rich,

Yes my motor gets air fromt he cowl, and directs it into the F-code air cleaner.   It does add cool air at night, and runs better.  I used the original wiper access plate hole, but had to open it up to the 3.5" tube I am using.  The hose is  napa item.

I missed racing at the Tulsa Shelby Meet last weekend.   We were really looking forward to it, and I palnned to make some passes a the drags.   W ehad to cancel the trip, as we had some concrete work done at the house and they took me for a bunch of cash and mad ea huge mess, which I had to take a week off work to redo.  they still messed it up on the pour.  Horrible con-artists!

I am having trouble getting my car tuned in after the new engine combo.  The new aluminum heads and big cam really changed the engine characteristics, so I am having to start over on the fuel system and carb.  I bought an Innovate Wide Band fuel ratio meter that can log data, so I hop to figure out whats going on soon.   I need to order a much bigger fuel pump as well.  I'm going to try the aeromotive A1000.   I already have the Billet Fuel Pump controller for street use.

I am trying to get it running good before I go to the dyno, so I can focus on final tune instead of porblems.

I have a bunch of other projects going on at the house, as well as the kids, so I'm moving slow on it.   I do get to drive it several times a week, which is great.   

Once I get it figured out how to make it fly, I post my results.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the info, Pat.
Sorry to hear of your concrete problems....that's more of a skilled profession than most people realize...including apparently some of those who do it.
I was wondering if you went to Tulsa.