News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wheels For My Wagon

Started by petew, 2013-01-29 08:43

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

I plan to have two sets of wheels for my Country Sedan Wagon, the original painted wheels with the dog dish caps and I want to have some mags to bolt on to change the look .
What I am looking at is Crager Eliminators 15 x 7 with 4 1/8 back spacing. I would use 215/75r 15
Tires.
Judging by the threads that I have read this combo should work without interference but I wanted to run it by the experts..

Pete

dgasman

Yes they will fit with plenty of clearance
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

petew

Thanks Gas, could I bother you for a picture of your car to get a feel for how the wheels look on it?
Pete.

dgasman

Excuse the mess she is buried in the garage at the moment
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

petew

Appreciate it, gives me an idea of what I would have.

Pete

petew

Gas,

Another question for you... I am also considering the American Racing "original" Torque Thrust wheels. The back spacing is different on the American 7" wheel at 3.75 vs the Crager at 4.1/8. So that would move the wheel 3/8" out or into the fender lip, is there that kind of room there? Again, using a 215/75-15 tire.

Pete

dgasman

Yes they will fit fine. I am running 15x7 vintage wheel works rims with a back spacing of 3 7/8 and a 225 70 15 tire on the rear with out rubbing on my ranchero. The 1/8 inch difference in back spacing of the Americans cancels out with the larger size tire that I am running.
The fronts are 215 70 15 .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

petew

Thanks again sir...

Pete