News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My mistake....

Started by FORDNUT, 2013-03-24 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

FORDNUT

I posted a request on the general tech question section and it apparently was misplaced as I got no response. I need a picture from one of the many wagon owners of how the jack, jack base, and handle are stowed in the spare tire well. I think there is a bungee cord or something that holds the jack secure? Please post here or email to me. thanks.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

Tom S

It's probably the exact same way that this 1967 Fairlane owners manual show for the convertible & sedan.  That is how most all of them were.  There was absolutely no bungee stuff.  Thought I had a '57 owners manual but it wasn't where I thought it was.  : (

Your other post is still there.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=4016.msg25989#msg25989

FORDNUT

Nope. Thanks Tom, but none of those. There is a cord of some sort that holds the jack against the side of the well.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

Tom S

Quote from: FORDNUT on 2013-03-25 06:16There is a cord of some sort that holds the jack against the side of the well.
I can't feature that.  What side does the jack go on?  Got a pic?  Somebody here, several people no doubt,  must have an owners manual.
I did a search for owners manual & see that Jim Nolan does have one.  Why don't you send him a PM & see if he will post a pic here. Like to see one.

Ecode70D

Tom
    Those pictures don't look like mine also.
Jay

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-03-25 11:06Those pictures don't look like mine also. Jay
Don?t look like your what?  And also, too, to two.  :002:
Remember that is from a 67 Fairlane manual.  You got any pix?   57 owners manual?
Been snowin' to beat hell here. : (

Lou

Page 32 of the 1957 Ford oeners manual shows the jack for the stations wagons and Courier held in placed by a "retaining spring" to prevent rattling.

Tom S

A spring makes sense.  They didn't use much that I can think of in the way of stretchy rubber things for hold downs back in 57.  Please show us a pic.

Ecode70D

Tom
     In my  57 custom the spare is mounted in the spare tire well on the right side inside the trunk. The jack is to the right of that. 
     I'll post the pics I have of mine as soon as I find them.
Jay         

Tom S

:dontknow: But he's lookin' for the station wagon one. 

Ecode70D

Quote from: Tom S link=: But he's lookin' for the station wagon one.
/quote]

Oops .. I should have have paid closer attention before I posted.
Sorry   Jay

RICH MUISE

Fordnut...I found the factory diagram for the wagon's spare tire set-up. It's in the Body, trim and sealant manual. I'll try to scan and post before I leave tommorrow, if not I'll post it Saturday. You were correct, it does have a long spring (just looks like a cord in the diagram, but they call it a spring)
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe