News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fairlane Drive Train

Started by JimNolan, 2007-11-18 11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
    Before I put this on E-Bay I'd like to give anyone wanting these items a chance at it. Make me an offer, I don't want to ship this stuff so I'll take your travel expenses and time into consideration. The first 9 items I'd like to see go together. E-mail me with an offer.
1.   Borg Warner T85 OD Transmission-----This transmission was rebuilt last year. It has a NEW Cluster gear, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse gears. It has new bearings, bushings,synchronnizers and hub. This transmission works flawlessly. The overdrive function works flawlessly too. This summer I damaged a 2nd to 3rd chutch hub insert which I've replaced. Gears have never been crashed on this transmission. Note: this transmission won't take speed shifting. If you slow down your shifts it'll last forever and be great for cars with low geared rear ends.
2.   Ford Fe Bell-housing----This  bell housing will need a clutch fork bracket. I used it on the Lakewood bell housing I'm running now. It has the T-10 bolt pattern.
3.   Hurst 3 speed Syncro-Loc floor shifter, brackets and rods. It's in new condition.
4.   1957 Ford Transmission Cross-member
5.   57 Ford Drive-Shaft with good u-joints that fit the above application.
6.   Used 11 inch Clutch and Pressure Plate thats in good condition.
7.   11 inch FE Flywheel thats in good condition.
8.   1957 Ford Over Drive Handle, cable and brackets.
9.   1957 Ford Overdrive Foot Switch.
10.  Automatic Transmission and torque converter for 57 Ranchero. It's cleaned up and looks good. Have no idea if it works or not.
11.  Drive shaft for 57 Ranchero with Automatic Transmission.
12.  1957 Ford Brake Drums, Hubs, backing plates and brake cylinders that came from my 57 Fairlane when I converted to Disc Brakes.
13.  Complete 312 engine in basket. This engine has a repairable crack in one of the cylinder walls. Less pistons.
14.  New 57 Ford Power Brake Master cylinder.
15.  Used 57 Ford Power Brake Master cylinder that was rebuilt and comes from my Disc Brake conversion.
16.  Stainless Trim for 57 Ranchero. One door piece is missing. One rear fender piece is bent but not creased.
17.  Rear Window for 57 Custom, I think, it came with my Fairlane when I bought it. It's shorter ( roof to trunk ) than the Fairlane. It has the same width though. It's in real good shape with no delamination or bubbles.
18.  Hunter ON-Car Wheel Balancer with manual. Everything is there, works perfect with two sets of attachments. and all the weights that you'd ever want. Attachments for 13", 14" and 15" wheels.
19.  Clear Title and Vin Plate in my name for a 1957 Ford Ranchero. But, I've got to have documented history of the vehicle you're going to use it on. I don't even know if this is legal to do. I'd planned on using it for a pieced together vehicle in the future, now I don't plan on restoring a Ranchero.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

How much you want for the stainless trim Jim?  All I really need is the long spears for the quarters, but I would take all for the right price.  Let me know.  Just out of curiosity, how much for the Custom rear glass?  Allan has one, and will be closer to me when I go to Tennessee for Christmas, but just for curiosity sake.....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
    I'll take 100 bucks for the glass and throw in the trim. Or, I'll take 50 bucks for the trim and 100 bucks for the glass.  I'll also let you have the guest bedroom for the night and feed you if you make the trip. Now how can you beat that. Jim

Frankenstein57

Jim, I'd be interested in talking to you about the title and tag. My project cars have an Illinois salvage title, and a Wisconsin title in my brothers name, body style is incorrect. Thanks, Mark

JPotter57

Jim,  it will at least be after Christmas before I can buy anything else.  That is a good deal on both items.  If you can sell it, go ahead, dont hold it for me, as I have a line on several other items also, but also for after Christmas.  That is the bad thing about messing with old cars, I usually find a lot of good deals right around a holiday, birthday, anniversary, something like that, and have to put it off..I'll stay in touch, Jim, and thanks.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Jim, can you give me a call on the title, tag subject? I'm usualy around most nights after 6   262-662-4523  thanks, Mark

cool57

17.  Rear Window for 57 Custom, I think, it came with my Fairlane when I bought it. It's shorter ( roof to trunk ) than the Fairlane. It has the same width though. It's in real good shape with no delamination or bubbles.

Do you know how much shorter the glass is than Fairlane? I'm wondering if it could be used in a Fairlane for a mild top chop.

JimNolan

I'll measure it the next time I'm out at the hanger and get back to you. Jim

custom300fe

I have never compared the rear windows of the Custom and Fairlane. I just always thought the Fairlane was shorter being the windshield of the fairlane is shorter than the Custom.

That's two new things I've learned in two days.

I'm on a roll!  :wav: :wav:

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

click

Jim:  I've been trying to identify the correct tailshaft housing I need on my T-85, r-11 3 speed overdrive transmission so that it will fit in my 1956 Thunderbird 312.  My t-85 came out of a '56 Mercury and will not fit in the Thunderbird because the rear motor mount on the R-11 tailshaft is located a few inches further back on the housing than it appears to be on similar r-11's I've seen for sale on E-bay.
     Would you be so kind as to measure the distance between the rear of the t-85 transmission and the rear motormount on your transmission and tell me which tailshaft housing number you have (like r11-1c)?  The overall length of the tailshaft housing would be beneficial too.  Thank you.  shiftless3spd@yahoo.com

click

Jim:  Thank you for your prompt response.  I'll be looking forward to hearing from you with regard to the t-85.  John.

JimNolan

John,
   The bellhousing to transmission mount distance is 18". The mount to the end of the tailshaft is 12 3/4". Jim

JimNolan

Cool57,
   The height of the rear window I have is 16 3/4". Jim

cool57

Quote from: JimNolan on 2007-12-08 12:33
Cool57,
   The height of the rear window I have is 16 3/4". Jim

Thanks Jim. Now I have to go to my hangar and measure my Fairlane glass :003:

JimNolan

Cool57,
    What type of airplane do you have and how long you been flying. Jim