News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

292/292 engine swap

Started by sprink88, 2013-05-26 13:06

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

I was having some issues with my old engine, it was running like poo. I need a rebuild on it. But I found a rebuilt engine on Craigslist and made a long drive to pick it up. The guy was suppose to bring the papers on the rebuild but didn't when I picked it up at his buddies place. SO, fingers crossed its rebuilt. All the gaskets are new looking so I am hoping for the best.

~Chris

sprink88

So I disconnect everything, and start ripping the old one out.
~Chris

sprink88

now to clean up the whole area. Gave the bay a wire brush, pressure wash, and wiped it all dry with Brake clean, and primered the inside
~Chris

sprink88

now the new engine goes in, and I start the reassembling....
~Chris

sprink88

Now for my new problem. I get to start hooking up Generator and power steering. Low and behold I have ONE pulley on the balancer.. I need to swap it out with my two pully
~Chris

57 Ford Kustom

Sprink, are the engine dates the same? It looks to me like Ford had a design change. Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

sprink88

Hehe.  It's a Ford. Of course there was a design change.  Lol

The old motor was coded a 1960 "replacement" motor, 2bbl but had a breather style in the valley pan.

The new motor is a 1957-1958 Ford car engine, nonnpower steering 4bb with a road draft tube coming out of the engine near the fuel pump.  Also the choke pulls it heat off the intake manifold, and my old engine pulled off the exhaust manifold. 

Another thing I noticed was the oil dipstick in the center of the block, the new engine is in the front.

So what I need to do is pull the extra pulley off my old engine and bolt it to the front. And get my power steering brackets on it. But the new engine is more original to the car.   
~Chris

57 Ford Kustom

Sprink, you seem to have  a good handle on your situation. Unlike me and my over heating issue! Lol ! It was like finding a needle in a haystack. Thankfully I have started to make some headway! Thanks to you guys here of course! Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.