News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rocker Panel Replacement...And Beyond

Started by petew, 2013-08-07 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

Thank you Rich. Body shop is moving along nicely, I selected them because they do good work in a timely fashion. They said I should have it back in Feb or early March which is ok by me. Gives me a chance to chip away at all of the other parts that need attention.

BWhitmore

Beautiful engine.  I am sure the car will turn out with the same quality.  Happy Holidays everyone.

petew

In the process of blasting the front suspension parts  and noticed the casting dates on the front brake drums. Left and right were made within 5 days  of each other two months before the car was built. I can't believe that these could be the original drums. Could be a coincidence and the original ones got replaced with these I guess.

gasman826

Owners must have taken care of their car.  Drums had enough meat in them to last several sets of shoes...not like todays junk that needs replacement before the pads wear out!

RICH MUISE

or...pads have gotten better.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Great work Pete. Love the detail.It's going to be stellar.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

petew

Thanks Jeff, it's a lot of fun just picking at it and discovering all of these little things that indicate the cars past.

Ford Blue blood

I too love the "exploring" while cleaning and reconditioning....my Edsel build sheet was found, first build sheet I ever found in one piece.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

petew

petew

Well the rear axle and center section are disassembled and mostly cleaned up. Parts are on order and tomorrow I will be steam cleaning the axle housing which should be a mess of flying oil !

petew

Slowly working through the pile of parts and going through each component. These cars were built like trucks, very little plastic and lots of iron.

petew

A few more pictures..

BWhitmore

First Class Work!  Looks Great.

petew

Thank you sir, I'm into the steering column now. What an interesting engineering marvel it is with all of the manual transmission shifting linkage.

Ford Blue blood

Very nice!  It all looks brand new!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II