News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rocker Panel Replacement...And Beyond

Started by petew, 2013-08-07 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

Got the doors finished up and installed the door lock levers that I got from Randy Conner, What a nice guy he is. Found that one of my door lock cylinders was broken so I replaced both door lock cylinders and the ignition switch cylinder with new ones.
Just working on small stuff until the interior lady gets here this week.

Ron

Pete--I've dealt with Randy Conner, too, and he's a great guy with a real sense of humor.  He helped me out with parts I needed for my accelerator linkage.  Ron...

petew

Well the nose is going back on and it is fighting me every step of the way. Fenders were a pain but they are on and lined up quite nicely. This morning has been spent fighting with the hood . It's like trying to put a picture in a frame after it has been hung on the wall.
With four gaps to deal with it is not as forgiving as a normal rear opening hood. Quick cup of coffee and it's back out to see if I can work so sort of a compromise with this hood.

petew

Another picture of today's progress...

petew

And more...

petew

Working on the cargo area floor now. Last night my neighbor and I made up templates for the floor inserts. We got 3 of the 5 section cut and fitted them to the panels. We have 2 more to do then we can glue them down.

Ford Blue blood

That is just outstanding, very nice finish!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jerry Box

RICH MUISE

Wow...looks great. What are you using for the floor panel inserts?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

petew

It's boat decking made by the Lonseal company. This is similar to a linoleum product but much tougher and nicer. Pretty slick stuff , looks cool and is very easy to work with. It's available in three different variations this being teak and holly with a gloss finish.
I didn't want carpet and you can't get the correct ribbed battleship linoleum anymore . This was the look I wanted.
A picture of the rear seat pans, again the inserts are not yet glued just placed after cutting so they are a little wavy.

Jerry Box

SkylinerRon

Carpenter now sells the linoleum panels.

Ron.

petew

Yes they do but in Brown only...

Raven Rider

All I can say is WOW!  I hope to see your car in person some day.  Great Job!

petew

Thank you sir, it's in the hands of the interior lady now . Progress is slow but she is doing a nice job.