News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Leather/Vinyl Dye Recommendation

Started by BWhitmore, 2013-09-19 08:44

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

I just finished dyeing the dash and leather seats in a Mercedes I am restoring.  I highly recommend the products (dye and cleaner) from Color Plus in Milford PA (570) 686-  3158.  I sprayed the vinyl dash (changed color from black to blue) and it came out perfect both texture and color.  I used a soft bristle artist brush to dye the leather seats (original color) and they also turned out perfect - no brush marks, perfect texture, perfect color.  As always, preparation was the key ( light sanding with 400 paper and thorough cleaning).  The materials for the dash, two front seats, arm rest ad rear bench seat were less than $150.  It is nice to recommend a great product and company when you find one.  They will match any color you have.  I dyed a dash about 10 years ago with Color Plus dye and it still looks new today.

RICH MUISE

Good to know there are other options other than the Sems premixed sprays. Thanks for posting. Do they have a website?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

Rich -their website is:  www.ColorPlus.com

Also your jack has been re-gifted to Jim (Hi-Ball).  Thanks

hiball3985

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2013-09-20 17:01
Rich -their website is:  www.ColorPlus.com

Also your jack has been re-gifted to Jim (Hi-Ball).  Thanks
Thank you again Bill and Rich, I feel a lot better when I'm on the road now.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the website.I'll check it out.
Glad the jack got to another member here..Thanks for that, Bill. Hiball...you'd make me feel better if you put a scissors jack in your car for actual usage. Bumper jacks are dangerous, and will screw things up on your car...especially the bumpers.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-09-21 07:47
Thanks for the website.I'll check it out.
Glad the jack got to another member here..Thanks for that, Bill. Hiball...you'd make me feel better if you put a scissors jack in your car for actual usage. Bumper jacks are dangerous, and will screw things up on your car...especially the bumpers.
Thanks for the advise Rich, I'm well aware of the dangers of bumper jacks, used them for years. I doubt I will ever need to use it and I had an OEM scissor jack collapse. I was just going to get a little bottle jack but the car is to low  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

Rich - I am in the process of mounting the bumper  jack in my Ranchero behind the seat for show only and have a bottle jack in a small plastic case for real.  I saw a 58 Ranchero on Ebay with a picture of the mounting bracket attached to the floor behind the seat (this bracket is used to hold the bumper jack base when mounted) and was able to fabricate the bracket.  Should have it mounted after I return from a short trip and will post pictures.