News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

14" wheel without the slots

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-09-28 18:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I'm in need of one stock 57 Ford 14' wheel without the slots in it.  I have plenty of the ones with the slots in them.   
    Does someone have one of these in his junk pile that he is willing to part with?
     This is a picture of the one with out the slots that I need.
Thanks Jay   

jumping jack flash

I'll have to check. How far are you from central Texas?

Ecode70D

Thanks for looking  Jumping Jack Flash
I'm in Mass. on the other side of the country.

This is the one that I am NOT LOOKING FOR. 

jumping jack flash

Sorry Ecode, I wasn't even sure what I had until I went out and checked. They all have the slots . I had some original 57's and they are slotted too.

RICH MUISE

Mine are all slotted as well.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

All 57 Retracs, Ranchero's and wgns had non slotted whls. I haven't had any sedans to know for sure on them.
I think the slotted ones started in 58.

Ron.

Ecode70D

Jumping Jack flash and Rich...Thank you both very much for taking the time to look.

Skyliner Ron  ...Thank you very much for responding on the non slotted and the slotted.  Did you ever read anywhere that taxi cabs, police cars and some special orders came with non slotted?   It could be my imagination. 
    If I can't find what I want, I'll just have to go with the slotted. 
Jay

Ford Blue blood

Might check with John Gramble on that.  I do believe the non- slotted were on all heavy duty applications.  My Retratable had two on it and my Ranchero came with three.  They will all be used on the Retract otherwise you could have one.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

suede57ford

Non-Slotted were used on retracts, rancheros, wagons, and t-birds.   They are slightly wider than the slotted version.  I'm not aware that they were used on any other HD models.  You could be use the non-slotted on yours to give it a more HD look.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

wildhog

Jay, If you are not in a hurry,I think a solid wheel is on the car at the soda blasters, I will let you know. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ecode70D

Tom
    I'm not in a hurry.  I have some rollers on it now that will get me around.  The non slotted wheels are the last thing on my to do list.
Thank You very much Jay

Boss/Cyclone

If you still need these I saw them for sale at this site.  Says they have 12, probably cause they want alot for them.
http://www.fordrestorationandparts.com/store/retractable/1957-1958-1959-ford-retractable-convertible-wagon-wheel-nos
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

Ecode70D

Boss/Cyclone

Thanks  ..   That's great  I only need one more of them and I'll wait for Wildhog Tom to see what he comes up with.
      If that does not work out, I'll give them a call.
Jay

wildhog

Jay, I will get you a wheel,just hold your breath and see how red you turn before the car comes back!!!!!! or if you get in a hurry, i can go get it and put another wheel on the car Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ecode70D

Tom
     I'm not in that much of a hurry because  it has  temporary wheels on it now.  In the meantime I'm loaded with in between jobs to do on the car to keep me busy, and you don't to interrupt your schedule just to get a wheel.  Jay