News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

4thgen57

I haven't had to put in a garden window, but I have replaced perfectly good doors, nice carpet(for hardwood) and have painted the living room 4 times in 7 years!

Frankenstein57

I'm 57 so its about another 10 or so years before I can do the retirement thing. We are getting ready for opening of deer season, my son Dan is going, he's 21. Always hunted with my Dad, even though he stopped hunting 10 or so years ago. When I was up by him in September we worked on my deer blind, cut up some brush and windfalls, then he died the next week, this is kind of a special year. On Friday, Troy---410ranchero, is coming up from Tennessee, he is picking up a complete ems floor I had in my 57. Should be a good visit with a fellow 57 ford fan from this site. Outside of that, busy around here getting ready for Winter, rake leaves, winterize stuff, put away the hot rods. Been busy doing side jobs, plumbing & HVAC,  Mark

RICH MUISE

Man that's a long drive to pick up parts...must be trying to get a road trip in before snow flies too much. Visits with forum members are great..I really enjoyed the meeting we had with 4 of us in Colorado this past spring....hopefully we'll do it again next spring. Which reminds me, I wonder if Al is back to Colorado from his cabin in Minn. yet.
Lorne...that's the problem with car covers....they can let dust in, and then when the wind blows the cover a bit, it can damage the paint. ...unless it's inside where the wind don't blow.
Did you find anything of interest to do in Phoenix other than the Pavilion cruise? Also, I'm wondering... I think the place you bought your car from moved? I didn't have time to check them out when I was there, but in the spring they had a sign on their place saying they were moving, to check their website for a new address.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

Yeah Rich, we went for the Nascar race - a good time, lots of RV's were there and they must have been continuous to a mile from the track. We did hunt down the dealership, I knew they had moved and found different people there so I guess the business was sold. Not much stock and what was there was mostly not very good. The only thing of interest was a 57 red and black Ranchero that looked to be a project car (paint was sanded), loaded with parts in the cab and box -I asked about it and was told it belonged to one of the owners.
I hung the car cover outside on the clothesline and beat the snot out of it, I want to save it because it is a pickup cover so the extra size makes it a better fit on the 57.
As I said earlier, I was really impressed with some of ways guys were using the LED lights at the cruise. I don't usually see many night gatherings and got some good ideas for placement of the lights on different places on the cars to highlight features.
Also dropped in to see the Penske museum in Scottsdale. Amazing to see teeny 900hp engines on display stands.
Closest car at the cruise to a 57 had up and down flames down the sides.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

LAUDY57

I like this pic!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Ecode70D

Rich and Laudy57
     When you guys write about the Pavilion cruise in Phoenix, it reminds me of nice  warm summer evenings.  That's a pleasant thought these days with the cold weather that we are having back here in Mass.  I did get a chance to go for a nice drive in one of the old cars a few days ago when were  having a heat wave in the upper 40's.  Jay           

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: LAUDY57 on 2013-11-21 00:09
I like this pic!

I know were that is!  Just at the tree line on Pikes Peak....been there, done that, all on pavement now.

Morning folks, got the coffee made, laundry sorted with first load in, pictures took-down loaded-ready to post for the couple of parts I need.  Will have to break in a couple of minutes to switch loads and hang the wet stuff......just another day on the green side of the grass.

Will continue work on the interior of the Edsel, would like to finish it and swap it and the Birds spot before the holiday trip to WI.  This year will be a shorter trip, would like to stop and visit a couple of "you's guy's" on the way....but....more surgery for the wife between Christmas and New Years day.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

This is awesome guys..wish I had thought of it sooner. Cold front didn't come in last night, still in the high 40's. cool, or eh, warm! Love that '55/56 ? at the cruise. Both the 427 and the paint job are awesome. My '57 may end up with a paint job similar to that eventually. I'm not really into nascar, but that museum looks neat, and old high caliber machinery of any sorts always fascinates me.
I knew as soon as I saw that hill climb photo Bill was going to chime in. Bill got to find out first hand this summer what John Denver was always singing about.....Rocky Mountain High! Bill..your days sound like mine, except my wife actually likes doing laundry, so she does it on weekends. Got our home security system repair people coming out this morning to fix the motion detectors in my garage. Seems like everytime we're out of town the system goes down because the batteries on the motion detector went dead again. Last time I was in Oklahoma, and I had just put new batteries in 2 weeks before! They take a weird battery that are 11 bucks each..ain't gonna replace those every two weeks. When the batteries die, the alarm goes off because it's not getting a signal, and the cops are called. They've been here twice on false alarms. Gotta get the house picked up a bit before they get here.

Jay..sounds like it's getting cold early back home! Leaves are falling here. I want a plate of New England style fried clams. I'll have to use that as an excuse for an extra long road trip some year...something to add to my bucket list.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 4thgen57 on 2013-11-20 11:51
Man, I don't wanna retire if I have to get up as early you guys! Up at 7, get the wife and kids out the door, have a half hour to myself before work at 8:30. Been finishing up on my Uncles 67 Goat, getting the house ready for turkey day and what not. Was talked into putting up Christmas lights last night. (dang kids)
Also...we gotta get up to pee! LOL remembered that when I got up this morning.

hiball3985

I'm already coffeed out but it's raining lightly so I thought I would add some worthless trivia from my earlier days. When Laudy57 mention the Nascar race it brought me back to the races I attended over the years. I started going to Nascar races in 1962 at Riverside, I went to everyone until it closed. We got free tickets to California, Vegas and Phoenix every year which included pit tours and hospitality tents. Also got them for the inaugural Indy race. And you ask how that was possible? My wife worked for GM part dept for ten years while we owned 6 Fords, but that the kind of bad luck I have  :003: Heres a picture of the wife with Dr Jerry Punch on pit row at California inaugural race. 
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

new kitchen appliances showed up late last night, if I want peace and dinner need to get busy, and since its not raining going to mow back yard hopefully it has stopped growing and its the last mowing of the year. Now time to fix grand daughter breakfast, defrost truck and take her to school.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

LOL...Zap..hope your appliance experience goes better than my last one. A few years ago, my wife wanted the new washers and dryers that have the steaming cyles. The front loading ones. Because we had a small area at the back end of the kitchen for the w/d, we had a stacked apartment-type unit we were replacing. When you see the front loaders at the appliance store, they are always displayed sitting on a drawer unit to raise them up. A salesman told my wife the set she was looking at could also be stacked, so she went ahead and bought the, arranging for delivery and set-up the next week. I got home from work the day they were delivered, and my wife was in tears.."I can't use them" she said, and we had already given our old units away. Stacking on top of each other, we couldn't even reach the panel on the top dryer, and you had to get on your hands and knees to reach the back of the washer on the bottom. We had room to put them side by side, but we had an upright freezer on the adjacent wall that blocked that corner. Across from the washer and dryer was our back door. Story's getting long...sorry.
This was January. I told my wife I'd move the back door to where the freezer was, and build an alcove where the door was for the freezer. Did that. There was an old gas pipe, still active, in the wall where I was putting the door in, so I took the pipe out, capped it off under ground. Decided to have the gas company check for leaks before I buried the pipe. My work was ok, but they found a leak in the supply pipe going from the back alley to the house, so shut the meter down. Middle of winter, 20 degrees, and I had to have 80 feet of new pipe run underground before they'd turn the gas back on. Got that done in a few days. New back door...no longer had a deck in that area , so middle of January I'm outside building a new deck.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-11-21 07:44
Jay..sounds like it's getting cold early back home! Leaves are falling here. I want a plate of New England style fried clams. I'll have to use that as an excuse for an extra long road trip some year...something to add to my bucket list.

Rich
   It looks like Jeff is going to get some N.E. style fried clams at Star Drive in before you do.  He's planning on coming here in December.  But I promise to take you there for some when you get out here again.  Your forties weather ain't all that bad.  Enjoy it.  Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-11-20 08:20
Finished my new engine, build a hillbilly test stand to fire it up on. Ran it up to operating temp so I could re-torque the heads and adjust the valves hot before putting it in the car.

To me that's very Hi Tech and not a hillbilly test stand.  I have been known to use an old tire or none at all, and Had to shut if off quickly because I wasn't smart enough to  hook up a hose to it for a cooling system.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Jay

robhaerr

Nice...thanks a lot...at 55 I'm off to work.

Not looking to give away any time...but can't wait until everyday is Saturday! Not sure when that will be. Hoping for August 2017....but many planets have to line up.