News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

$6 a gallon here.......  This is why so many cars are stick shift and diesel over here.  Its all false, the price goes up when the price of crude oil goes up, but it doesn't drop by the same amount when oil drops!  The car owner always will be an easy target for tax-grabbing governments.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

sprink88

Very true Gary.

Haven't been really on since Saturday. Been sick as a dog. Called in work Monday, then went back today. Should  have called in today too. It was a rough one.

Gas here depends on where I go. I have seen 15 cent difference in a mile. And I have usually gassed up at the higher one.
~Chris

RICH MUISE

Have you noticed diesel is going down? what's up with that? a few months ago I was noticing there was .80-.90 a gallon difference, with diesel creeping up to about 4.10. Most places I went by yesterday it was 3.69-3.89. Looks to me the oil companies are shifting their point-of-profits for a while.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I only went past one independent station today, $4.45 cash and $4.65 with plastic. A friend I had lunch with also said diesel was coming down but I didn't see a posted price.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

Regular is about 3.75$, diesel about 4.30$.  Question for you coffee drinkers, I bought a sand blaster at harbor Freight , 110 lb unit. I picked up some black blast at Menard's for about $8 for a 50 lb bag. It works pretty good, but I'm having trouble with my safety glasses fogging up. I use the hood that came with it, and a good quality resperator, and safety glasses, after a few minutes I can't see!  Any ideas?   thanks, Mark

RICH MUISE

I guess I'm not connecting the dots on this one...trying to tie in your safety glasses fogging up with your sandblaster. What kind of sandblaster? I'm assuming since you said it came with a hood, it's the presurized tank type, and not a sandblasting cabinet. When you say your glasses are fogging...are you talking vapor, like on the inside of your car, or dust collecting on the outside of your lenses? I'm not familiar with the black blast, If it is creating alot of fine powder that is sticking to your glasses, maybe a strong big fan to clear the dust away from you?

Frankenstein57

No, its definitely vapor from my breathing. It is the 110 lb pressurized  blaster, I'm wearing a hood over my head with safety glasses and a resperator. I'm thinking there must be a resperator the vents the air away from glasses or goggles.  Mark

BBoswell

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE.

The sun is out this morning here in Oregon and thank goodness the rainy season is almost at an end. I'm starting to see people bringing out their cars and our summer car gatherings are slowly starting up. Hooray!

rmk57

Rain-x or some other anti fog spray should work.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

petew

Just ordered my front and rear sway bars from Thunderbird Southwest. The owner is a character, real nice guy. They are really into 57 Fords and offer quite a few products for them. Nice to deal with people that know and restore the cars.

Pete

57 imposter

I ordered my front sway bar from them. don't have it completely installed but am a little concerned about the fit looks like it is going to be very tight. But you are right about the the company and the owner, really nice to deal with. I have no doubt that if I have any problems, he will help figure out a solution.

RICH MUISE

I've been procrastinating getting back to the house rebuild project...unfortunatly, I don't think my wife is gonna let that go on too much longer, LOL. I think I've worn out the "I'm resting from the garage reroofing". Any way, got a few small things done on the '57. I got the valve covers I had pulled off a coil on plug 4.6 cleaned up, painted the body color, and new gaskets/grommets/seals installed, and am polishing the coil covers. Got the drivers side installed yesterday. I couldn't have been happier with what the engine looked like...couldn't have been cleaner. That puppy looks like it was just put together yesterday. by comparrison, the baffle(?) plate I'm cleaning off is from the junk yard Continrntal I got the valve covers from next to the valve cover I just removed from the engine in the car.
Pics of the cop valve cover installed in the 4.6 being installed now thread.

electricalan

Looking good Rich.As they say you could eat off it.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

petew

Great motors ,we used to beat the crap out of them in the police cars. The only ones that ever blew up were due to very low oil levels.

RICH MUISE

Well, I've had a few weeks to test the new metal roof over where my '57 is, and I couldn't be happier. Aside from not leaking a drop during a few downpours we've had, we've had a half dozen days with the temps in the mid 80's and it's actually stayed cooler inside than outside.  With the old roof I had, it would always be hotter inside after a few hours of direct sunlight. I think the rigid foam insulation I put under the metal has helped a ton. Even when it's been 85 outside, I haven't had to turn on the air conditioning. Wish I had done the metal when I originally built it. Thanks to the forum guys and my local friends that talked me into it.
The back shed I reshingled with the "architectural" shinglesto match the house. Aside from  looking better, imho,these are the way to go...so much easier and quicker to install than the 3 tab style.