News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

That's what I plan on.  I would have already done that, but the short block just got finished the other day.  I still have to get my heads done, and need a set of valves for it.  My supplier says he can get the intakes, but the exhausts are on backorder, not sure when he will get them.  Since I want to drive this thing some time this summer, and do cruising the coast in it, I put my 351 in it.  That 351 will eventually wind up in my F100, with a smaller cam of course, but it was never meant to stay in my 57, just get me around until my 312 is ready to go.

I am praying for old Tim, added him to our church prayer list as well.  I think about him a lot, he is pretty close to my age.  I hope he knows he has brothers praying for him here and abroad.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

There was a tornado in Mass. today in the town of Revere which is just outside of Boston.
It missed us by about 60 miles but took out a building that I occasionally worked out of when I was assigned there to do road tests.  There is plenty of damage, but no loss of life.  Rich you should remember Revere, it's in the general direction of Adventure car hop.
     We are in good shape and completely dodged the bullet. Thank God.   It did get sort of dark out for a while when it was happening.   

JimNolan

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2014-07-28 14:29
That's what I plan on.  I would have already done that, but the short block just got finished the other day.  I still have to get my heads done, and need a set of valves for it.  My supplier says he can get the intakes, but the exhausts are on backorder, not sure when he will get them.  Since I want to drive this thing some time this summer, and do cruising the coast in it, I put my 351 in it.  That 351 will eventually wind up in my F100, with a smaller cam of course, but it was never meant to stay in my 57, just get me around until my 312 is ready to go.

We're coming to Gulfport for Cruising the Coast. I'll arrive Tuesday and leave the following Sunday morning. I'll be staying at the Residence Inn at the Airport. Don't know which car I'll bring. I'll be looking for your 57. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57 Ford Kustom

Hey guys,
My name is Evan Patch, I am Tom Patch's yongest grandson and Tim Patch's youngest son. I will be the Guardian of my father's 57. My father would like too tell everyone what is going on, The chemo is not working like the doctors thought it should so they are trying to get him well enough to go back home in a couple of days. He told me that everything I need to need to know about a 57 ford can be found amongst you men. We appreciate your prayers at this time. My uncle is dealing with get the engine back, we will post as progression happens.  :unitedstates:   
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

JimNolan

God bless you and your family Evan. May he have mercy on all.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

sprink88

Dang Evan, I am so sorry to hear. I am still hoping for the best. Take care and keep in touch!
~Chris

RICH MUISE

Evan, thanks for keeping us informed. We were all wishing for a better prognosis (sp?) Give your Mom and Dad our best.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Thank you again, Evan.  I have been waiting to hear something.  Let your dad know that I and my family are still praying for him.  I am glad to know that he is a Christian, and that he is trusting God to see him through this.  I am also glad to know that you will be the caretaker of a car with such a lot of family history and memories. 
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Thanks for the update Evan, sure do wish we could welcome you under better circumstances.  Keep the faith, it, with Gods mercy will see you and your family through this and help you see the purpose He has for you.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Evan
   Thank you very much for the update on Tim.   All of us here on the site have been wondering how Tim was doing.  I'm sorry to hear that it is not well.  Keep your faith in God and tell your father that a lot of us are praying for him.
   It's comforting to know that you are the caretaker of Tim's car and that it is staying in the family where it rightfully should be.
    You and your family have our full support and are in my prayers.  He is on the prayer list in my church also.  Jay Arrow   

jumping jack flash

Evan, sorry to hear about your Dad's condition. Miracles do happen, as my Mother lived 27 years longer than a doctor said she would. She finally went at the age of 80. Hope your Dad can pull through.

57 Ford Kustom

We hope to have Tim home early next week. There is nothing more the doctors can do so home is the best place for him to be. He has a list with instructions that he gave his brother and son for the 57'. We will do our best to get the car the way he would want it and it will be enjoyed by his son's and myself (wife). That car will always be my link to my husband and even if I just sit in it, in my heart we will be together.

-Sheila Patch
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

JPotter57

Sheila, my heart is breaking for you guys right now.  Just know that I won't stop praying for you guys. 
Old, loud, and fast.

sprink88

Sheila, I am so very sorry, I know I lost my mother to cancer when she was to young too. I know how hard it is on the family.
~Chris

Frankenstein57

Definitely thinking of Tim and your family, its hard to try to say the right words. My Boss's 12 year old son has been diagnosed, and my good friend has been scheduled for 6 months of additional treatments.  Dam cancer