News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

That's my kind of road, on a clear day  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

Wow, That is a heck of an ending to that story
~Chris

RICH MUISE

Yeah, me too...on a clear WARM day with no chance of ice in the mountain shadows.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

This is kind of a neat site - I like the one "Need an old part? I probably have it!" about the guy in Arlington, Texas.

http://www.tvraaca.org/oldmovies.htm#movie
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

hiball3985

Thats a great site, thanks for the link. I watched the one about the Ford Rouge plant this morning while having my coffee and will watch more later today.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

LAUDY57

I figure the parts guy must have 57 parts, he says all of his stuff is new -bought up mostly from liquidation.

hiball3985

I watched the parts guy, amazing collection of parts, nine warehouses.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I couldn't find it....some directions for the blind please. The description  sounds very much like Antique Auto Supply in Arlington, ... He's in Arlington, has lots of warehouses. I had put him in the links list a long time ago.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-10-26 12:49
I couldn't find it....some directions for the blind please. The description  sounds very much like Antique Auto Supply in Arlington, ... He's in Arlington, has lots of warehouses. I had put him in the links list a long time ago.
It's in the 93 old movies section almost at the bottom, " Need a part".. It is the guy from Arlington
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Found it, and yes, that's the place. I've been there 3 or 4 times...even when I'm not looking for something...just to brouse. He does, or at least use to, btw, let you brouse thru the warehouses. I added the link to the video on his listing in the links thread. Thanks again for posting the info.
Rich

RICH MUISE

Awesome game 7!! Bumgarner was incredible the whole series. As bad as my Rockies' pitching always is, it was nice to see two ex Rockies pitching in game 7. (Guthrie and Affeldt)

LAUDY57

A nice Meteor grill in Kelowna, BC - on our new insurance calendar.

Zapato

those spotlite/mirrors are killer. nice all around

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

Went to the RAIDERS/Seahawks game yesterday, looks like my guys are going for the total imperfect season record. Seahawks IMHO (maybe not so humble) are not playing as well as last season. Both teams had great moments but o'all both teams sucked. Raiders offensive game was so predictable a Pop Warner team could have figured it out. Seattle really made the best of a few Raider turnovers. Had expected a blowout and it looked like it halftime, second half was a much better game to watch.

Anyway one of my nephews drove us up in his wife's Tesla. A few things on that car impressed me.Incredible and instant acceleration. Ride and noise control level were great. But here are a couple other interesting things. Moisture sensitive windshield wipers, came on and off in perfect sync to all the rain showers we experienced on the trip. Outside flush mounted door handles that come in and out as needed. And complete FREE recharge of batteries at Tesla charging stations in about half hour. 260 mile range wouldn't have gotten us there and back but worked great as we charged up during breakfast on the way back during dinner. Would love to know more about the heater, it was really great. And after spending 5+ hours in the game in cold damp weather was nice to get in the car and having it living room comfortable in just a few minutes. 

Now the trick would be to incorporate some ot this into our rides without denying us those things we all love.

zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

I saw my first Tesla recharging statio at a Car's Jr. parking lot in Phoenix. I walked over and looked at it (5 of them), and was wondering how you paid for the charge...I guess you don't. I think it sucks all the harrassing Tesla is getting from state governments on their "no dealer" sales. If the governments feel a need to get involved, they should go after about 100% of all the dealers that charge so much for replacement parts.
I'm home for a few minutes taking care of the dogs and cats, then back to the VA hospital where my wife is being treated (and very well I might add) for pneumonia....been there since Thursday.