News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I guess unless you live in Az or socal, your probably freezing your butt off.  Been too cold here to get much work done in the garage.My wife got up for work yesterday morning, and I got up to clean snow and ice from her car. I looked outside and everything was covered with ice mentioned I wished she wouldn't drive(26 miles each way)  Old age I guess, but for the first time ever, she said ok and called in. Later in the day there was a 40 car/truck pileup on I40 just outside of Amarillo. Not where she would have been, but there were other accidents on roads she would have been on.
That 40 car pileup was right in the area of the famed Caddilac Ranch...I know lots of you guys know where that is.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Well our week of winter is finally here, no ice but wet and cold. With the sucky weather I have been selling stuff on Ebay with pretty good results, my theory is that car guys shop when they can't do anything else....
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I am in Phoenix right now. We were planning on coming out here in two weeks, but we unfortunately got a phone call Thursday night letting us know My wife's uncle passed away. We had two storms headed for Amarillo on Friday, so we hurriedly packed and got on the road. We left Amarillo about 8:30 with our fingers crossed on the storms..one was coming up from the sw, and the other from the nw. We had a chance of their being a clear corridor along I40. They were predicting 1/2 of snow for Alburquerque by midnight. Boy did they miss on that one. The normal less than 4 hour drive took 7 1/2 hours, then I40 was closed 20 miles west of Town, so we turned around and went back to I25 and headed south...a 180 mile additional detour. We hit black ice for 20 miles, the car right in front of me did a 360 just missing the guardrails. We finally got a motel room about 4:30 and got back on the road at 8:30. Fortunatly we had just about driven out of the storm area when we pulled over. It was clear sailing all the way south to Las Cruces and Phoenix.
I'll post more later.

RICH MUISE

I'm back...had to go rescue a necklace out of a sink drain.
We read on the internet this morning Alburquerque had over 450 collisions from the storm and was advising everyone to stay home as they could not respond to accidents..."your on your own if you venture out there" was the word from the city officials. One of Aunt Bobbie's daughters sat in a plane on a runway in Dallas for 8 hours due to the weather. Fortunatly everyone arrived safely and the relative'shouses here are all full.
Uncle Jack was 92 and still working full time for the government as well as running a 300 sq. mile ranch outside of Phoenix with his brother. He had a heart attack outside his office and died on the way to the hospital. I'm going to miss old Jack.
Jerry...if you're reading this, our plans to meet at the Pavilion in a few weeks will have to be put on hold til our next trip.
Rich

Thor

Sorry for your loss Rich. We were in Florence AZ seeing my folks over New Years week and had to time our return between two storms. I would have preferred to stay in AZ for the winter! Man, I am starting to hate snow!

djfordmanjack

Quote from: LAUDY57 on 2015-01-22 11:02
Pretty nice having a COVER CAR, eh?

great magazine and your car ist just a beauty, Don !
Canadian Hotrods also in Austria, Europe :003:

hotroddonnie

LOL! All the way to Austria. Thanks! HRD

Jeff Norwell

Very cool Guenther!!!!!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

anyone here into early Falcons? found some old Falcon club newsletters hate to trash them if interested let me know and will pass them on.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

Zapato:

I've got  a couple of car show buddys that might very well like to have some of those old news letters.  If you send them out here, I'll reimburse you for the expense.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Bob, pm me your address and don't worry about postage they're pretty light.

Zapato

57AGIN

Zapato:

OOPS, removed your message instead of mine.  Darn computers, this idiot just isn't smart enough to outsmart the simplest things.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2015-03-17 01:45
Darn computers, this idiot just isn't smart enough to outsmart the simplest things.

I prefer to blame to call it fat fingering, my 3 year old gran daughter constantly corrects me for name calling even if its self directed. Fat fingering gets by my little guardian angel.

Bob, they're headed your way, supposedly monday delivery
Zapato

hotroddonnie

Did you guys/ladies watch American Pickers the other night? They bought a couple of 57 Custom 300s. $5000.00 for both.....running! Pretty nice shape!

lalessi1

Darned I missed it. I will try to record a rerun!!! Thanks.
Lynn