News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

They got the weight up by stuffing the box with advertising leaflets and that crumpled up brown paper packaging to bulk it out.  On the plus side the hood letters fitted really well and the front end now looks "complete".
Gary

1957 Ranchero

SkylinerRon

It's great to get that last shiny new piece installed.

Enjoy,

Ron.

Ecode70D

Gary
    Look at the size of that box.   They certainly are not trying to make friends by charging $28 to ship four small letters.   That's the reason I don't order anything from them anymore.
    Then the import tax is the frosting on the cake. 
     It's good that at least you are happy with the pieces. 
     I just placed an order to Speedway for something and when the nice lady stated "the shipping was free",   "I told her  That's the reason you keep getting my business." 
        Jay

Limey57

In hindsight I should have made a shopping list and had a vacation in the US, ensuring I took a spare empty suitcase!!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

This thread has been dead for a few weeks....so a different topic...FLYS!! We've had a big problem with flys the past few years in Texas...at least the farm stores stocked up this year..last year it was a driving-all-over-town search to find fly sticks. Anyway, I also use the hanging bags with the smelly attractant added that you have to keep 25 feet from the house cause it stinks so bad (cow urine..10 bucks for a few ounces...those guys must be laughing all the way to the bank!!) Last night I found the perfect attractant that doesn't stink. I was out painting the trim on the new back deck last night, and had a big glass of orange juice. I set the glass down after finishing it, and noticed 10 minutes later there were 20 or so flys in the empty glass...YUK!!
This morning I put a new fly stick out and dribbled some orange juice in the container. a half hour later the stick was almost full...hundreds of flys stuck to it.
Talk about off topic!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Flys and ants, I have killed millions and they just keep on coming  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

There is a curious tradition in south Louisiana. One hangs clear plastic bags filled with a gallon or so of water and a penny around your food. This as the story goes repels flys because it distorts their vision. Anybody else ever see this?  :003:
Lynn

RICH MUISE

weird...ever try it?

lalessi1

Never tried it, but the people that do it, swear by it.... I Googled it and was suprised to find this....

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/flies.asp
Lynn

Zapato

I will swear by it, we do a big summer party (pig roast) food is set in garage on tables few ziplock bags hanging on door frames and not a fly enters the place. a few pieces of sacrificial pork left outside away from the party helps keep the hornets busy and away from the crowd.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

LOL....Guess I'm gonna have to try it.

lalessi1

Well it is 79 at 7:00 am with a dew point of 76 degrees. The predicted high is supposed to be in the upper 90's for the 34+ day in a row..... So I finally bought a window AC for my shop last week! All I can say is WHAT HAVE I BEEN THINKING ALL THIS TIME!!!!! My shop is small 10 x 20 but with a 10,000 BTU AC it is a little slice of paradise. My current project is building a 462 FE engine, should be good to go to the dyno in a couple of weeks.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Yep, that and some insulation under the metal roof when I reroofed a few years ago made all the difference in the world. See the wall behind the car....now, if I only had some concrete over the dirt floor.

Zapato

Saw that picture earlier today over on the HAMB the wheel looks great. Almost ready for a shakedown drive.

ZapAto -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Posted pics earlier here..but in the oem wheel widths thread, so not too many are probably gonna see them. What little work I've been doingon the '57 has been getting the front end sheetmetal ready for repaint, so not too much done in the way of more assembly. Everything is ready for paint though.