News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

We're getting close to closing on our new house. It is set up for this Friday. The only thing left is the VA's second inspection, and that's today. I'm flying to Phoenix Saturday with my wife's Cousin to pick up a couple u-haul trucks and get her moved here. I jokingly told my wife I expected all our stuff to be moved by the time Sherri and I got back with her stuff.
I stopped by the new house yesterday to check a few things and met the neighbors on one side. Real nice couple, and he's a car guy. He's been a Chevy guy ('57 Belair), so I got some work to do. I got a little history on the neighborhood. The house they live in was the personal house of the guy who built the housing tract (about 280 houses),but is 400 square ft smaller than ours. Our house and the one on the other side was built for friends of the builder, which explains why the three are the largest in the tract. The builder's name was McCarty and is the name of our street. All the other streets are his kid's or friend's names.
The guy that owned our house was a truck driver and use to park his rig in the back yard, which explains the very wide gate off the back alley.
Trying to figure out what to do with my piles of car stuff. Aside from all my old extra 57 parts, I've got all the removable sheetmetal from a '94 Mark VIII, and the 4.6 engine.
My bulky extra '57 stuff includes both my original bumpers, a set of front fenders needing all the available rust repair panels, a driver's door, 6cyl exhaust,etc.  I have my oem rear glass stashed somewhere, but haven't seen it for years.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Swank

morning everybody,

14 posts and already a smite,  ...must be part of the regular crew now.

nice update to the main page 57fords.com by the way.

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

hiball3985

Quote from: Swank on 2017-03-27 10:38
morning everybody,

14 posts and already a smite,  ...must be part of the regular crew now.

nice update to the main page 57fords.com by the way.
If I knew I was going to get a smite for stepping on someones toes I would have stepped harder :003: Welcome to the collection crew..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

ditto on the welcome.
I like your iron gate idea across the garage door.

Swank

I had the unofficial motto of "create difficulties whenever possible" years before.  guess I still have it, whether I know it or not.
group of rowdy non-conformist punks over here, ...all these smites.

thanks, iron gate is pretty cool, somebody did a pretty good job at some point in the past.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
_________
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Ecode70D

I'm pretty sure that over on the HAMB, there is a link to 57  Fords or old Fords.  Does someone know how to find it?   I've never been able to.    Thanks Jay

Wirenut

Swank, I may have given you the smite. I was looking at the site on my I phone and attempted to take a closer look at your car photo posted next to your name and it's is so close to the karma smite buttons that I hit it but could not reverse it. I'm not 100percent sure it was me but I know I did it to someone in error. I do not know if the moderator can check and reverse. He may be able to see if it was me and delete it since it was an accident. If it was not me yes you may have roughed somebody else's feathers. I have been on this site for 8 or 10' years and just noticed a month ago we even had the karma/ smite. Anyway if it was me I'm sorry, it was in error, smite me back!!!!!

RICH MUISE

Kerby.......So, maybe you're the one that accidentally gave me my 15, lol?

Jay......Yes there is a 57 Ford specific social forum on the Hamb, but it's not active at all. last post was there a year ago. Sadly, just yesterday I was checking the site and it opened to a post Zap did a few years ago saying it was so quiet over there he felt somebody should be playing a funeral march.  :sad10:
There is a 52-59 Ford social club, as they call them there, there a few from this forum belong to. Not much '57 stuff going on there though, but it's all good. I'll have to go over there and remember how to access the different social clubs available.

Swank

no worries to me at all Wirenut, ...I was just noticing all the cool kids had smites, so when I got one I was all excited.

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
_________
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

RICH MUISE

Jay...
First some Hamb info: most of the social clubs, once you find them, won't allow you to view the posts until you join their particular club. When you try to check them out all you will see is a "no posts available for viewing" notice. If you're not a Hamb member, there's lot's of stuff you can't see or do, so the first thing you need to do is join. You know Jeff is a moderator there, so he may block you out, lol.
That said, if you're a member, you should see some icons up near the top on the left. One of those is a profile of 3 people. Click on it and one of the dropdown choices will be social forums.

Ecode70D

Thank you very much Rich
   With your guidance, I was able to find my way into the site before "you know who got me blocked out".   That was a fast two hours that I spent over there and there is more to see.    Jay

Lucky'57

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

gasman826

Rich is off line while he's moving.  Hats off to him.  Found a buyer for my barn.  I just got home and I'm beat after only six hours.  Loaded up the '47 Mercury and got it outside.  Got a 460 and C6 out of one of the lofts and put it in '65 Galaxie.  Finished off by loading extra parts into the Galaxie so it's ready to go.  I'll rest up tomorrow by working of the Raunch Wagon.  The closing is scheduled for Wednesday.  Thursday will be back to the barn to clean '57 parts and '65 Thunderbird stuff out of one of the four lofts. 

Ford Blue blood

Gary I feel your pain.  When I retired from the Navy cleaning out and getting ready to sell the house (did not want to retire in VA, not a "retiree" friendly state) turned into a life altering experience for me.  Already had the new place in TN.  Smaller house, no kids, (we ran away from home), about the same size garage.

Over a three week period I took seven long bed pickups full of "stuff" to the land fill and three loads of parts to a salvage yard and still maxed out my shipping allowance.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

A couple of years ago I decided it was time to start cleaning out the garage of some of the crap I had saved over the years that I will never use again at my age. Two truck loads to the scrap yard that came to 2900 lbs @ $.05 a lb it almost paid for the gas  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang