News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ranchwagon

Started by davemustane1, 2014-01-10 20:17

Previous topic - Next topic

davemustane1

would anyone happen to know where I could find a spare tire hold, good American made fuel tank and the piece under the tailgate between the fenders... thanks for looking
1957 ranchwagon
1967 f-100
and lots of motorcycles

RICH MUISE

Concourse lists a gas tank for '57 wagons and rancheros. Odd, because I thought they were different, but I've never had either so I don't know for sure. Tire hold down most likely will be an ebay item, and I don't believe the lower back pan is being reproduced, so you're gonna have some searching there. Owens Salvage in Wellington Texas has a number of '58 wagons, but I don't know if they're the same as '57 wagons.
Because you're a new member, I want to make sure you're aware of our lists of vendors and salvage yards that carry '57 stuff. It's in our supplier links board right below the general discusion board.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

I am pretty sure the repro gas tank for wagons and Rancheros is made by Bob Drake in Oregon. 

RICH MUISE

Bill..Thanks for posting that. I just checked their website and they do offer '57 tanks. The wagon tank is 425. They also offer a fuel injection ready tank for the passenger cars @ 325. I'm not sure what fuel pump it's set up for, but a quick call to them should answer that. Wished I had known that a few weeks ago.
I never had Bob Drake on our list of suppliers because I could never find any new-as-'57 parts there previously. I'll get to add them to our list of suppliers now.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Dave, my 57 has a solid spare tire well, which I'll be removing to clear a fuel cell. The piece under the tailgate, if you mean the box section that the hinges bolt to? I had a solid West coast tail section that I did some horse trading with, the guy on the hamb that un-chopped a ranchero. Turns out he is not using that piece, and it might be available. Send me a pm if you are interested, maybe we can help.   Mark

davemustane1

hello mark, that would be awesome my phone number is 219-242-5865 please give me a call when you get a chance and we can go from there.
1957 ranchwagon
1967 f-100
and lots of motorcycles

gasman826

Both CONCOURSE and BOB DRAKE list the tank but neither have it and list it as 'out of stock--back ordered'.

Mark, did you get rid of the tailpan?

Contibob

Bob Drake does periodic productions of the gas tank. If you give them a call they will tell you which vendors should still have them in stock. Some vendors buy them up when they are available. If you are not in a hurry for the tank you can reserve one through Bob Drake for when they do a run of them. Bob