News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

another lincoln for sale

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-01-23 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I thought a Town Car was a peculiar choice for replacing a t-bird. LOL. Didn't want to say anything though. Sure don't want to hijack or divert Harry's post, but check this beauty out, Mark:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Mark-Series-V8-1996-lincoln-mark-viii-v-8-coupe-super-low-65-k-miles-carfax-certified-/191046155338?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2c7b3cfc4a&item=191046155338&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Rich, thats the ticket, beautiful car,not to big, not to small. I think when I'm ready I'll go for a Florida car, no road salt!

modifieddriver

Here I wanted to see pics of a '52-'55 Lincoln and it's a late model

Anyone that wants another of those like in the pics, let me know.  My sister has a South Carolina salt/rust free one owner one for sale.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

410ranchero

Does your state require an AARP card to register one of these  :003:

RICH MUISE

An AARP card for a Mark viii? In '93 when they first came out, Ford took one off the assembly line, removed the governor and the rear brakes, and replaced the 140mph rated tires with a set made for Corvettes. Otherwise totally stock. Clocked it at 187 mph in the 5 mile run at Bonneville. Not too shabby for a production old fart's car. I realize 5 miles is a long run, but still a far cry from our daddy's Buicks.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

My uncle had one, I was visiting him up near Green Bay, we went to lunch with me driving, he says step on it, so I floored it and in no time flat we were doing 100. I actually got an arp card in the mail today :grim:

Zapato

Are you crazy going 100mph with an aluminum drive shaft !

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

410ranchero

Aluminum drive shafts are the bee's knees! They run so much smoother than steel, and I have beat on one as much as one could on the street(1.65 60') and a few blast up to 155. Never had an issue.