News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Motor mounts

Started by rickj, 2014-03-09 10:42

Previous topic - Next topic

rickj

I'm installing a 390 into my 57 Fairlane. I got the motor mounts for a 352 and install them on the 390 motor. My problem is the valve cover hits the electric windshield wiper motor. Has anyone else had this problem or does everybody use the vacuum windshield  wiper motor?

RICH MUISE

My memory is not working on this, but I do recall an engine swap discussed here in the past where switching the mounts from left to right moved the engine back or forwards depending on how they were put in. As I said, I don't remember if it was this swap/mount combination, but if so, maybe it's possible to swap sides with the mounts and move your engine far enough forward to clear the wiper motor.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rickj

I have read all the post. No one seems to have a problem or no one has said so. From what I remember if you used the Y motor mounts is where you have to switch sides.

canadian_ranchero

you have the 1958 type mount?what wiper motor are you using?

rickj

All I know is it's Electric.

hiball3985

Sounds like the problem is the wiper motor. Some of the after market motors hang down at about a 45 degree angle. Can you post a picture of yours?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jwtdvm

An electric wiper motor for a 57 chevy (oh the injustice) bolts right up and can use original pull switch as well--the motor mounts I believe are "open" towards the firewall  which I think moves engine toward firewall--I am wondering what wiper motor you have????