News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear brake drum question.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2014-04-08 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Donnie
    That's great!  Now that's just one more thing to scratch off of the to do list and one less headache.  Has the weather cleared up enough so you can think about getting out and tearing up the road?  Do you have to have seat belts up there in older cars?  We don't but I will be putting them in.  Like I stated before, I found a nice set of original seat belt floor brackets in  that 2dr. wagon I bought last year.

I hope that we both manage to get our cars out sometime this year.   Jay

hotroddonnie

The law is the same here for seat belts, if they didn't come you don't have to have them, but I would feel a little safer with them on. We had another blast of snow here Monday night, Saturday everyone's out watering the driveway and wearing shorts, today their clearing snow and wearing gloves! HRD

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-16 05:29
The law is the same here for seat belts, if they didn't come you don't have to have them, but I would feel a little safer with them on. We had another blast of snow here Monday night, Saturday everyone's out watering the driveway and wearing shorts, today their clearing snow and wearing gloves! HRD

Donnie
That's the same way the law is here and that's how I feel about the seat belts.

Would you believe that we actually got snow last night? 
     Here it is the middle of April.  We just got a little bit but the western part of the state got more.   This winter does just not want to go away.

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-16 07:23
   Donnie
That's the same way the law is here and that's how I feel about the seat belts.

Would you believe that we actually got snow last night? 
     Here it is the middle of April.  We just got a little bit but the western part of the state got more.   This winter does just not want to go away.

What I've gone and done is on the drivers side front and back, I keep my winter tires on and then on the passenger side I put on my summers, which keeps my family safe for both summer and winter!

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-16 11:57
What I've gone and done is on the drivers side front and back, I keep my winter tires on and then on the passenger side I put on my summers, which keeps my family safe for both summer and winter!

What??

hiball3985

I heard he only rolls the windows down on one side too, the summer side I assume  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-04-16 20:57
I heard he only rolls the windows down on one side too, the summer side I assume  :003:

Is that true Donnie?

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-17 00:44
Is that true Donnie?
I can't say yes or no to what Jim heard, but I only had time to wax the drivers side yesterday!

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-17 05:15
I can't say yes or no to what Jim heard, but I only had time to wax the drivers side yesterday!

Good Morning Everyone
     So Donnie...Now I get it I think.  When we talked on the phone and you stated that you installed posi traction in your 57.  Is the real reason that when you drive on the border of winter and summer you will be certain that the car keeps moving?  Was that Jeff's idea? 
      You know Jeff.   He's the one that we don't hear from anymore.

hotroddonnie

I was at Jeff's this week to paint his house, and the boy is swamped with art work he has to get out for customers. He's gotta keep the money coming in for the painter. 

Ecode70D

I know that Jeff has to do the  work when it comes in, but I would like to think that he is thrashing on his 57 and that you are just covering up for him.