News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need A Pic

Started by Finally1, 2014-04-11 19:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally1

Anyone have a pic of a factory headliner in a 57 Custom ? Ive been all over the net and cant seem to find one .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

Ecode70D

These are partial pictures and one is a close up of what the fabric looks like.

Frankenstein57

That looks nice Jay, did you do that yourself?

Ecode70D

Yes Mark I did.
    You need to take out the front and rear windshield so you can glue it on the metal edge.  Then install the windshields with a new rubber.  I've done lots of them.   The other trick is to pull it nice and tight and take your time.
    There is nothing to it.  Having the seats out helps a lot.
    The kit came from ABC.  They sold out to LeBarron Bonney   

clusterbuster

I didn't find the original headliner, so I  ordered one close the the original color from Automotive Interiors Inc. On the Custom model, you only have to remove the back glass. The front  has a tack strip at the windsheid edge..

electricalan

Nice job on the headliner.Now I know why my ranchero is missing that little corner piece,someone took out the visor.I guess I need to get that sunvisor delete piece.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

Were there different headliner fabrics available as options? My original Custom headliner was cloth, not vinyl. Not too far from what I put back in it. My original headliner was so shreaded and stained it was hard to tell what it originally must have looked like.
What Cluster said, btw. Only the back window in the Customs has to come out. I wasn't looking for an original looking headliner, I just picked a fabic and color I liked...and was told later by a '57 guy that it looked very similar to the original. My headliner also came from Automotive interiors
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Finally1

Thanks for the pic .

1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

Ecode70D

Quote from: electricalan on 2014-04-13 09:52
Nice job on the headliner.Now I know why my ranchero is missing that little corner piece,someone took out the visor.I guess I need to get that sunvisor delete piece.

Alan
    Most likely a right sun visor is going to be easier to find than that sun visor delete piece.
Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: Finally1 on 2014-04-13 13:41
Thanks for the pic .

Finally1
You are quite welcome.

Rich
You headliner is absolutely stunning.  I'll bet you can snap your finger on it and it feels like a drum.  IMHO I think that they were cloth.  Someone will correct me If I'm Wrong.

Clusterbuster
I guess that I am the unlucky one.  All  the 57 and 58 Ford headliners that I installed over the years didn't have a front tacking strip.     

Frankenstein57

I'll second that, mine looks like dodo compared to that  :pottytrain5:

electricalan

Thanks for the heads up Jay.I will look for a visor.

Ecode70D

Quote from: electricalan on 2014-04-13 20:46
Thanks for the heads up Jay.I will look for a visor.

Alan
     You should put that in the wanted section.   I'll bet you find one real fast.  The guys on this site are very helpful.   Jay

Zapato

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-13 20:57
Alan
     You should put that in the wanted section.   I'll bet you find one real fast.  The guys on this site are very helpful.   Jay

or check with 57chero.......... 503-684-2059
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

electricalan

Thanks Jay I will do that.I have a few other items I was thinking of putting on there.The only thing I have put on was headlight rings and did not get a hit.Thanks Al