News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Custom

Started by Finally1, 2014-04-17 20:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally1

Well I finally got the brakes ,wheels and tires ,aluminum driveshaft and 8.8 rearend installed and got it aligned today . I got my first trip in today and must say the ole 223 motors right along with a 3.55 gear outback and a 27 in tire . What do you guys think
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

rmk57

My favorite colour in a Custom. Nice!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Frankenstein57

Lookin quite nice!

djfordmanjack

great looking Custom ( one of the best 57 body styles IMHO) and the big old 6s make nice cruisers, with good milage for sure ! maybe black wheels with dogdishes would also fit the car perfectly.

RICH MUISE

Wow..congrats on being able to take it for a spin. It is looking really sharp. What are your plans for wheels/caps?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Finally1

I have a set of the small caps but not sure Im even gonna put them on . I had black wheels on it and it was just to much black for me . It had Polished Torque Thrust on it when I bought it and I peeled them off as the offset wasnt correct and they rubbed a little even with a small tire . Its gonna stay like that for now may go lower next year when I change the power plant . If I can find a set of nos or very nice center caps laying around Ill snatch them up . I have a couple place around here to check just havent had time . Its a little hard for me getting used to not having a synchronized first gear .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

djfordmanjack

I love the old 6es with 3 spds, but the non synchro first is just no good at all. even if you get used to, it is very stressing in city traffic or traffic jams. you either hurt your left leg and the clutch or the spur gears of first, when in a hurry. had a super nice 62 Comet 2dr daily driver and the non synchro first is what spoiled it all, while using it daily.
I have quite some sets of dogdishes, they all look so good, you could even use 55 or 56s or something later for a different look. nearly all from 49 up to late 60s will fit. at the moment I have a set of 53s on the right and a set of 62 Galaxie on the left because I can't decide which ones I like better  :003:
It's just the red wheels,since you asked for our opinion, they look good, but maybe a bit bright for this car IMO the 223 is really looking good but I understand your need for more power.

jumping jack flash

Just noticed your date of joining. Welcome aboard, djfordmanjack.

Jeff Norwell

Very nice custom
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com