News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fried my windshield wiper cable

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-04-19 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

Shhhhhhhhh, we don't have car inspections

djfordmanjack

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2014-04-21 22:13
Man...our daily driver stuff (post Jan 1, 1960 stuff) has to be inspected yearly, but is only $5. 

:005: OMG ! here in Austria we have inspections on our daily and vintage vehicles every year and they are about Euro50/60 which is about $ 80 !!!! inspections are extremely strict, a finger wide play on your steerign wheel and you won't pass. any car, no matter if it is a Model T, a 57 or a modern Benz, they go on the shaker plate to check all the suspension. Imagine what that will show with an average 60 yr old American car... :-(   everything has literally to be (as) new
On the other hand this is good for traffic safety as it limits the use of really dangerous vehicles!

RICH MUISE

It's in the mail, Jay. Sorry for the delay.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-04-23 11:09
It's in the mail, Jay. Sorry for the delay.

Rich
Thank you very much.   Like I stated before, It's going to get well lubricated before it gets installed.  That's so nice of you.   Some day I'm going to have the piece that you are looking for.  Jay 

RICH MUISE

Jay...You haven't gotten it yet?

Awca12a

I'm in the process of trying to get my frozen cable to work.  This post probably saved me a ton of trouble.  Thanks for the Teflon tip.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-04-28 19:11
Jay...You haven't gotten it yet?

Rich
    It has not arrived yet.  I even went to the post office today to check on it.  They know me pretty well and are watching out for it for me.   Jay

RICH MUISE

I found the po recipt for that...scheduled delivery was today.

Ecode70D

Thank You Rich
     It did  arrive at the post office yesterday and they left a pick up notice for me.  I was in Boston all day and didn't get home until late last night.  I picked it up this morning.
Jay

Jeff Norwell

Rich,Very kind of you, you are a great asset to the board.Jay,I have a complete wiper system in very good shape(10k car)I will not be using.HotRod Donnie has the wiper motor itself,But I know I have the complete cables in excellent condition.I will hit the shop this afternoon and dig them out.Sorry I have not been in touch,Just VERY busy with work.
Jeff

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

Jeff
    Thank you very much but my vacuum wipers and cables in the cowl area work fine.  The piece that I screwed up  was the control unit cable and Rich sent me one already.
Jay