News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by MeanGene, 2014-04-20 10:45

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanGene

Choices, choices... Just got a set of FPA headers for a long deal from a friend, so I'm pretty committed- and I just love my 427's... Gotta keep my governor on and do a mild one, so I can drive it a little- the mileage on this one with a 4K converter and 5.14's doesn't even compute  :tard:

So for this one-

Also just got a cherry set of original ALGON adjustable nozzles, and I already have pretty much the whole original setup, needle-type control (instead of a barrel) valve, aircraft pump, even the cast front cover with pump drive- but that should go on the Galaxie. Still, if I had another hood... So I'm thinking that cherry 324/500 cam out of a boat engine, and my Bird 6V setup- and the air cleaner just happens to have been trimmed at the back at some point, which seems to be a tight clearance area in a 57, so I wouldn't have to cut one. Also have a set of those sweet polished aluminum boat "spark arresters" that could spend some time on there. Got a couple sets of original chrome baldie covers, so the set with the breathers could go on there. And the pickup 3spd w/OD toploader for a little mileage. Still thinking..

Frankenstein57

If I had that wagon,,, and some 427's in the shop, there would be some sweet music coming from the pipes on that ride. :burnout:

RICH MUISE

Don't think you'll get to many arguements on that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lowrider

I don't know which one I'd like more. A 427 or that SD.