News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

hood & paint

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2014-04-21 08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

is there some rubber spacers that fit between the hood and fender,  opening the hood and shutting it chips away at the fender near the corner in the down postion,  by corner i mean near the cowl and fender corner,.   also does anyone know of a good air brush gun u can use on touch up for little places,  without costing a arm and leg,  thanks   jerry

Ecode70D

I have rubber bumpers on each side that keep the hood from touching.
Air brushes are pretty cheap and I've never paid more than 20 bucks for one.  They're great for doing touch up and don't use a lot of air pressure.   

Zapato

as cheap as $9.99 to high of $19.99 at harbor freight.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

What Jay said about the hood/fender bumpers. Any of the regular distributors should carry them. I honestly can't remember if they go on the hood or fender, mine are still in a bag on the shelf.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

OOPS!   Jerry
    I lied to you.    When I took a look today I discovered that I never did put my hood rubbers back in.
    Look at the pictures.   The hood has two holes on the edge of each side that the rubbers pop into.
    Look for the 2 high spots on the inner edge of the fenders.  The rubbers touch those and that helps to center the hood.    The pictures should explain what is happening.
     Sorry about the crummy pictures.
Jay

canadian_ranchero

make sure the bumpers are adjusted properly at the firewall.the ones on my wagon were set too far down and chiped the paint on the cowl.