News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Tried to reach TomS

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-04-22 05:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Good morning everyone.
   A bunch of the guys were wondering what happened to TomS who vanished from the board.
   I sent him a card by snail mail and tried to reach him on the phone after I found where I hid his telephone number.
    I just received this email and it explains everything.

Got a phone call & a card today.  Surprised!  You guys can't miss me that much! 
Don't think I ever had all that much to contribute anyway. 
Yeah, I'm still alive.  Did not get a single thing done on the Ranchero this winter like I thought I would.  Had it stuck in back buried in snow & blocked in by other stuff.  Bummer.
About ready to start riding motorcycles again.  Hopefully tomorrow.  Maybe it will dry up enough to move some stuff around the yard in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Seems like after a while I never had or took the time to keep up on the '57 board.  I spend some time on another board & an awful lot of time on yet another board were they do seem to need my advise.  It is a small board & most of the long time & knowledgeable members seem to have disappeared.   
I just get caught up in stuff & it takes me forever to write responses to anything on any of these boards.  Geez, now I got a guy hounding me about writing up some of the history of my family & Anchorage.
I will get back on the '57 board sooner or later.  Meant to long ago & I've probably been missin' some good stuff.
So, thanks for the nice card & the call but don't' worry.  Don't do any good anyway. 
Tell 'em I'm still kickin'! 

hiball3985

That's good news, thank you for doing that Jay. Sometimes people go missing and you never know what happened to them. I've seen this happen to several members on other forums and it always leaves you wondering.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-04-22 07:19
. Sometimes people go missing and you never know what happened to them. I've seen this happen to several members on other forums and it always leaves you wondering.

Jim
   Your'e right.
    I'll be honest  this time I thought that he was no longer with us.  Good thing I finally found his phone number.
Jay

RICH MUISE

Great news, really glad to hear my guess was wrong also..he's not in jail. LOL
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Thanks Jay for doing that! I don't care what Tom say's, he has been a valuable asset to this forum, and me personally. I too thought the worst, thanks for helping me feel at ease Jay.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

Tim
     I knew full well that you were worried about him.  You and Rich have asked about him several times. I really got worried when I accidentally dialed the wrong number and they said that the phone is "disconnected".
     I tried again and got his voice on the answering machine.  I knew it was him because I've talked to him before.
     If we don't start hearing from him I'll bug him until we do.  He always had good input on this site.
Jay

RICH MUISE

And aside from good input, who else is gonna post moose pictures?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe