News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

body meets frame for the first time in five years!

hotroddonnie

Unbelievable! That is pretty damn nice. Now the for the fun stuff....just a little stressful assembling with fresh paint, I sure was! HRD 

electricalan

Wow that black paint is lookin good!
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

hotroddonnie

I see holes for trim, which trim package are you using? I cant tell the model of your car.

gasman826

Body style is Custom.  The hockey sticks are polished and all the chrome done.  Business coupe side glass.  Seams filled, drip rails shaved and no FORD letters on the front and modified hood.  No front and back glass stainless.  Flame Red '65 Thunderbird interior.

Scratches:  It's a driver and I've resolved myself to the reality of chips and scratches.  With base/clear coat and no metal flake, it's repairable.  Never the less, I'll use a ton of masking during assembly.

petew

Very nice, that's going to be a mean looking rig !

GaryI72

Good job! On to the next five! :-)

RICH MUISE

Looking great Gary....congrats. Is that your new shop?
I'm anxious to see it together, I like the hockey stick addition...are they available in the Custom's length, or did you have to shorten? I'm also anxious to see how the front and rear glass looks with no trim...not sure I've seen that approach.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Rich, believe he's referring to the base custom trim (hockey sticks) rather than the sill plate trim found on Fairlanes. Have found that both those trims being called hockey sticks, going to guess it might be a regional thing.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

gasman826

...yep standard base Custom side molding.

That's the old garage.  Instead of walking from one end of the barn apartment to the other end shop, I'm driving 17 miles each way to work on the '57.  The trusses for the new garage are laying in the front yard of the new place.  The contractor is also a farmer...may be luck to get in the new garage before snow.

clusterbuster

Awesome lookin ride. I like your engine as well.

Jeff Norwell

Just Awesome GARY!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

sprink88

That is amazing.  Great work. What you plan on for engine?
~Chris

gasman826

Quote from: sprink88 on 2014-05-22 06:28
That is amazing.  Great work. What you plan on for engine?

The engine is 99%+ ready.  It needs a little header work, plumbing, and wiring.  The engine is 460 based 557CI, MotorSport ported heads, Comp Cams full roller, Weber intake, Inglese throttle bodies, EFI, Flex Fuel, 750HP on E85.

Ford Blue blood

That bad boy will make "get down" the road.....as my dad used to say...It's a gutsie little thing...
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II