News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

Badass-Gnarly-Wicked...

Can't wait to see it started and melting the asphalt!

rmk57

Is that an Englese/Weber setup? Stroked 460? Looks good whatever it is!

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

Quote from: rmk57 on 2014-05-22 18:32
Is that an Englese/Weber setup? Stroked 460? Looks good whatever it is!

Randy
Yep.  Check #13 for details.

jdlafayette

WOW!  Nice work.

Ecode70D

Gary
     You sure do some nice work.  Your years of experience shows by the caliber of what I see.  Do you have a tentative date when you will be taking a test drive? 

gasman826

My goal to assemble the car with all the parts...finished or not...for the move to the new garage late this summer.  Once assembled and all the parts accounted for, the surplus parts can be sold.  If I can drive it great, then I'll disassemble unfinished parts over the winter, finish and reassemble for next summer.  Maybe not the best plan but with the move, I have to account for everything before it goes.  Nothing worst than looking for parts wondering where its at or did I sell it??

Ecode70D

I know what you mean by taking them apart and putting them together several times.  That's what I have had to do also with the ones that I have built over the years.

gasman826

Mocking up the interior one more time before I oil up the sewing machines.  Good thing I did.  I found a couple of things that were not ready.  Close up shows the PVC I used as tack strip.  Finally back on the floor to start wiring and plumbing.

gasman826

...more

gasman826

...more

Frankenstein57

I like the t-bird interior parts, the rear trim by the package shelf looks good.  Is the rear seat from the bird? I spent half the day in an old school bone yard that is meeting its maker, I tried to buy a 58 bird console & seats, but they are trying to sell the car whole. I have a bunch of photos to do a post, but I need some help on that one.   Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Great work Gary! I love the T Bird interior!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

Looking good Gary. I was wondering about that back seat also.I sure wish I knew how to sew..there were things on mine I sure would have done differently.
Your at the point now where all the subtle blending, standing back and looking at flow lines, etc, will make all the difference in the world and make or break your project. No doubt in my mind you're going to make it outstanding.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-06-21 22:17
...  Is the rear seat from the bird? I spent half the day in an old school bone yard that is meeting its maker, I tried to buy a 58 bird console & seats, but they are trying to sell the car whole.   Mark
The donor car was a '65 Thunderbird.  It took several donors to find all rust free parts.  The package tray was added on to merge Tbird to '57 Custom.  Surprising how close the rear seat fit.  The back cushions would have needed no modifications but with the tubs, some adjustments were necessary.  The bottom cushion is the original width.  Shim blocks are required to support the bottom of the frame.  The bucket seats are from a '63 TBird.

As far as picking the bone yard, TAKE THE WHOLE CAR!!  I know it is easy to say but TBird parts are very marketable.  It's a huge amount of work but I sold all the extra TBird parts.  As soon as I get my interior finished, I'll sell the remaining TBird parts.

Frankenstein57

I thought about that, I really like the late 50.s early 60's t-birds. They are asking 1500 obo.  The car is amazingly clean, from what I can see its to nice to cut up,   Mark